Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wanted to say....

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Jo
  • 11 Replies

Hi :) I just joined cafemom today. I heard about it from a patient, and thought I'd see what it was. I'm Joanna. I'm 25 now, but I was 13 when I had my first child. He's almost 12 now. It's crazy how time flies! I'm married, 7 years this August, and have a stepson who is 14, and my husband and I are raising our niece and nephew, who are 15 and 16. I hope it's ok that I joined, since I'm not really a 'young' mom anymore, but I was a very young mom when I started out. 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kels1023
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
A baby at 13? Holy moly. I can not even fathom having a baby that young. How did you manage to do it? I'd love to hear your story!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by Jo on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM

It wasn't fun. For the first year of his life, things were pretty smooth, I was doing homeschool, my parents were very supportive, probably too supportive, I was in therapy, and I was focused on being a mother, but when he was about 15 months old, things went downhill pretty steadily, and I went wild. It took another pregnancy, this time the result of me just being stupid, and finally a hard talk from my older sister, and meeting a counselor at the PP clinic I went to straighten me out. I stopped drinking, focused on school more, learned how to actually be a good mom, and got my GED, started college, and got my life together. I met my husband when I was 18, and he, along with his son, helped me really get my stuff together for good. 

Quoting kels1023:

A baby at 13? Holy moly. I can not even fathom having a baby that young. How did you manage to do it? I'd love to hear your story!

BlondeMommy18
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Hello and welcome! I think its totally fine. I have seen lots of mothers who were young mothers and are older now in the group! My name is Kaylie I am 18 and I have 3 kids and I am pregnant with twins. I found out I was pregnant with my first baby when I was 13, so I can relate:)

jojo_star
by Jo on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Wow, 18 and 3 kids, with two more on the way?! That's crazy! Congrats! I can't imagine that many little ones. Your oldest is 4 or 5 then, right? How old are your other two and when are you due?

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

Hello and welcome! I think its totally fine. I have seen lots of mothers who were young mothers and are older now in the group! My name is Kaylie I am 18 and I have 3 kids and I am pregnant with twins. I found out I was pregnant with my first baby when I was 13, so I can relate:)

BlondeMommy18
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Yes, thank you! Haha yes its pretty crazy. My oldest is 3, ds is 2, and dd is 8 months. My first two are 12 1/2 months and the second too are 16 months apart. My third was a 29 week preemie, so she wasn't due for a while. She will be about 16 months when the twins are born. I am due October 1.

Quoting jojo_star:

Wow, 18 and 3 kids, with two more on the way?! That's crazy! Congrats! I can't imagine that many little ones. Your oldest is 4 or 5 then, right? How old are your other two and when are you due?

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

jojo_star
by Jo on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Wow! I don't think I could handle that. Having one at 13 was difficult enough. But congrats on the twins!

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

Yes, thank you! Haha yes its pretty crazy. My oldest is 3, ds is 2, and dd is 8 months. My first two are 12 1/2 months and the second too are 16 months apart. My third was a 29 week preemie, so she wasn't due for a while. She will be about 16 months when the twins are born. I am due October 1.

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

KaroGreenly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Welcome to the group!
cemcnair
by Courtney on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Welcome! I'd still say you're a young mom!
BlondeMommy18
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Thank you:)

Quoting jojo_star:

Wow! I don't think I could handle that. Having one at 13 was difficult enough. But congrats on the twins!

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Welcome!
I have a question, hope it wasn't asked, I'm bad at reading replies lol
How was it adjusting to a step kid for you especially when the step child is older??
I'm 22, DH is 38 and I have two step sons, 14&17 and it was a little rough for us. I'm exactly (to the day) 5 years older than my oldest stepson and I feel like they have a hard time seeing me as a "parent figure" because of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)