Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

torn.. advice?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 19 Replies

so my fionce just move in with his friend cody, i got to see the place yesterday, its not bad a little small but its not horible. my daughter LOVES it. my fionce and his friend want my daughter and i to move in with them at the end of april. there going to baby proff everything and make sure there is anough room for all of us, Cody is going to basic in a few monthsand then it would just be me sophia and jj. i for one cant wait to move out of my parents house. The problems are this. 1.its a half hour away from my parents/babysitters homes 2. its more then an hour away from my job, so i would have to quit A.becouse i'm not driveing that far when i'm only part time and B. cuz i wont have a babysitter anymore. 3. its RIGHT on a lake...like you walk 2 feet and your in the water..ugh..i would love to be at home with my baby everyday. etleast tell i find a babysiter. i just dont know how this will work out. so what woul you do? would you move? 

BTW if i did move and it didnt work out i could always move back in with my parents.. i wouldnt want to, but i could.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NicholeJirik
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Might as well give it a shot if you think you will have enough support financially without you working. Does the lake flood? Could it cause you to have to move, damage possesions, or be a safety risk for your daughter? That's really the only red flag I saw when I read this.

Like you said, you could move back in with your parents if you needed to, so I'd say go for it! :)

B-FigNewton
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I think you already know the answer. Don't move. It seems life would be a lot easier on you and your daughter if you kept the routine you have going now. If you do desire moving out of your parents house, you can always find your own place that is closer to the essential things you need.

NicholeJirik
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Me working part time I dont make enough to live on my own. And my baby sitter is moveing to. I can't affored daycare.
liams_mama12
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Ehh idk of I would move...... Being a SAHM is cool and everything but I would rather have a job and a baby sitter. But its your decision, and yours alone. Good luck. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
thenameshailie
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

But what is keeping your fiance there if his friend is moving? Does he work there? Like you said, you could always try it. Be professional in the way you quit your job and maybe they can hire you back if you do decide to move back home. You can always find a job and baby sitter in your new town, I think it is always easier if both parents can be involved daily. But if you do move, do not let your daughter out of your sight for a second if its so close to the water. Keep the doors locked at all times, kids are sneaky and she will be curious about the water.

ittyprincess604
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I agree with this

Quoting B-FigNewton:

I think you already know the answer. Don't move. It seems life would be a lot easier on you and your daughter if you kept the routine you have going now. If you do desire moving out of your parents house, you can always find your own place that is closer to the essential things you need.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I wouldn't move. It would be strange to live in a small apartment with some other man, I would feel really uncomfortable. I also wouldn't want to live far from people I know and have to quit my job.

ginabeana92
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I don't understand why your fiance would choose to move in with a friend who is going away to basic. I just think that's a little weird. Why wouldn't he try to get a place that's closer to you and the kiddo to make things easier. If his friend is going to basic then that means your fiance's income alone has to pay rent and feed three mouths since you'll be quitting your job. I know that it's difficult to live with your parents.. I've done it! I moved into an apartment with my fiance' and with two of our incomes it was really difficult to afford all of our bills, rent, necessities for the baby and food. We ended up having to go to food pantries for help. We're living with his Dad now and things are great. You really should sit down and talk to your fiance about this because that is ALOT of financial responsibility on his part, and in this economy it's really hard to have only one source of income coming in.

stayhomemom28
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

from my experience if i were you i would not move.i moved an hr away from my friends and family in june i was pregnant i quit my job of two years i am comfortable. me and my husband get by but i miss having my own money just for me.it sounds like you have a good thing going.i always moved back home. it sucks now living with your parents but you have no idea what its like not having that option anymore.i was raised buy my grandparents and they passed away i dont have that option anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)