Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Burt's Bee's Mama Butter

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am 32 weeks pregnant, and for the first 30 weeks of my pregnancy I used Shea's Cocoa Butter for stretchmarks. After I ran out of my third bottle of that (lol) I decided to get the mama butter, because it was reccomended by a friend.

It's been two weeks, and I have gotten stretch marks in that short amount of time. Did anyone else have this problem with Mama Butter, or is this just what happens since I'm 8 months.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LogansMommy0328
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
There going to happen no matter what you do but I did use the belly butter and it did help keep my skin moisturized so the stretch marks were not as bad but they still happened. First baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by Jo on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

No creme works against stretch marks. If you are going to get them, you'll get them, you can't prevent them. Sorry. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Stretch marks are going to happen for most women. Chances are good if your mom had them, you will too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ellseee94
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Okay, that's good to hear. I was worried because it was not as thick as the cocoa butter. & yes it is! Can you tell :P

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

There going to happen no matter what you do but I did use the belly butter and it did help keep my skin moisturized so the stretch marks were not as bad but they still happened. First baby?

ellseee94
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Dammit! Well thank you anyways!

LogansMommy0328
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Yep I thought it might be your first :) but your going to get them regardless but just keep putting the lotion on it will help keep your skin moisturized the marks will fade with time but won't go away completely.

Quoting ellseee94:

Okay, that's good to hear. I was worried because it was not as thick as the cocoa butter. & yes it is! Can you tell :P

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ellseee94
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Haha :) Well okay, I will defnitely do that. Thank you!

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Yep I thought it might be your first :) but your going to get them regardless but just keep putting the lotion on it will help keep your skin moisturized the marks will fade with time but won't go away completely.

Quoting ellseee94:

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

LogansMommy0328
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Sure no problem good luck with the new baby! And congrats!

Quoting ellseee94:

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Quoting ellseee94:

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ellseee94
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Thank you!

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Sure no problem good luck with the new baby! And congrats!

Quoting ellseee94:

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Quoting ellseee94:

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

cemcnair
by Courtney on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Stretch marks happen no matter what if you are going to get them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)