Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

when did you get your baby ears pierced

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
At what age was your baby and did the pierceing have any complications??? Also what type of ear ring is recommend. As 14gold???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I didn't pierce my baby's ear, because he was a boy, and my daughter got hers pierced as a teenager. We only get her pure gold or hypoallergenic.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I have boys. If for some reason they want to rock the earring they can wait till they are 14-15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I wanted to wait til she could pick if she wanted or not but I did it at a year. I got the 14k. They did great..I cleaned them every time I changed her diaper for almost two weekend and they healed great. She didn't pull at them and if she tried...I just told her no moved her and let her know it would hurt if she touched them.
rayroe2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Two weeks not weekends...even tho that still makes sense.

Quoting rayroe2:

I wanted to wait til she could pick if she wanted or not but I did it at a year. I got the 14k. They did great..I cleaned them every time I changed her diaper for almost two weekend and they healed great. She didn't pull at them and if she tried...I just told her no moved her and let her know it would hurt if she touched them.
i.love.my.kids.
We did our dd at 2 months, she didn't cry, but some crazy lady came up to us and was freaking out saying it was a sin and we were torchering her and she was told to leave, then as we were leaving she started to spit towards us. I held myself together (im proud daddy did too) haha but I just smiled at her and she gave me the evil eye. Crazy bitch.
We had to take them out, because they got infected because she spit up so much from acid reflux. But I think we'll wait awhile to do them again because she's 2 now and will probably take them out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
Dd was 5 months. We used the more expensive peircer earrings from the store. She didn't really have any issues with it.
xredstarsx
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I am waiting for when and if she wants them. I don't alter my kids bodies unless there is a medical need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

i will wait when my daughter tells me she wants her ears pierced. she is almost 2 now. she may be my offspring, but its not my place to permanently alter her body without her consent. same goes for circumcising any boys. 

if there is a formal event that i really, really want her to have earrings for, i will buy stick-on earrings. simple as that!

BeccaMathes85
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:21 AM

I got my daughters ears pierced at 3 months and my son got his done at 8 years old after begging me to have his ear pierced

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM
I would never pierce their ears until they can tell me they want it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)