Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant again???

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am new to this group and this is my first post so first of all hi! :) I am a 22 yr old mommy to a beautiful 14 month old little girl. So..here's my problem..I got Mirena inserted about 10 months ago and had it removed Feb 15th. My period came 4 days later and lasted about 5 days, ending on the 23rd (it was just like the periods I experienced pre-pregnancy). My husband and I had unprotected sex on the 25th which was the same day he left town for work. I know I was not ovulating and I took a pregnancy test a few days ago days ago an it was negative. I still have not started my period..I thought it would come about the 19th like it did last month?? Is this normal after removing Mirena or did I maybe test too early?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Any kind of birth control is going to mess up your cycle for a while, even though you got your period as soon as you got it taken out. I would wait a week, then test again if you still haven't gotten your period. It is possible that you are pregnant, but not too likely, since your body does need a little while to readjust from being on the birth control

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Well I don't know much about Mirena but I know it's common to have funky periods after any sort of birth control. I would say wait some and test again. Or if you are still concerned and haven't gotten your period, see a dr.

Good luck!

Oh and welcome to the group!
eds6619
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I've never had one of those, but can't it mess up your cycle for awhile?

Melton626
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Thanks for the replies..I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative, so I think my cycle is just out of whack..oh the joys of Mirena!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)