Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Pregnancy advice needed!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

So, my last period was February 21st, and my menstrual cycles are usually very short.  It varies from 17 to like 21 days at the latest.  However, it has now been 32 days, and I've still had nothing.  About two weeks ago, I had some light spotting for only a day, and then it went away.  This was around when I should've been starting my period so at first I just assumed it was a little spotting prior to actually starting my period.  But, that was it.  On February 23rd, my fiance and I had unprotected sex because I was still on my period, so we assumed we were in the clear, at least, the chances would be pretty slim of actually getting pregnant.  My period stopped the next day, though, and i've researched and seen that even though I was on my period, the sperm still stays in for a few days.  I guess I was naive in thinking that the blood would flush the sperm out.  Anyways, I'm now 13 days late.  I took a pregnancy test when I was 10 days late, and I got a negative, but it's now three days later and I still don't have anything.  I have been eating lot more, and craving carbs a lot.  I've also been getting tired a lot earlier, and bouts of nausea at random times during the day.  However, i've also been getting the sensation that I'm going to start my period, but still nothing happens.  Anyone have any similar story or suggestions?  I plan to take another test soon.  

Thanks, guys!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JCSmommy2
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd take another test.. Mine was negative at first and then I waited a week and it was positive. I tested right after I missed my period though. It could be stress or the fact Feb was a short month, once I missed mine in feb for that reason. I feel like you definitely know when youre pregnant, times I had to question I wasnt. The morning I tested I woke up felt queasy, and knew something was wrong. Its a different feeling than your period, I just knew.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rolltidemom28
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I had stomach cramping a week before I took a test and found out I was pregnant. I would take another test if i were you. Sometimes it takes a little bit for the hormone level (that pregnancy tests check for ) to get high enough for the test to read.  That's why some people can take a test and it be negative and then a few days later get a positive.

MommyBL
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with taking another test. I also had shorter cycles, like 21-24 days. we didn't get pregnant for a few years w/out protection. then in October my period was like, 4 days late for me (it came at day 29). in November again it was late for me, but since it was the prior month I waited a little bit before I tested...at like day 32 with still no period I finally took a test and it was positive! if you still don't have a period though & are getting negative tests...I would get to a doctor to see what's going on. good luck!

kqbaby
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'm going to take another test tomorrow morning, and then I figured no matter the outcome I will head to the clinic to get everything checked out.  I made an appt. for tuesday.  I guess we'll see!  I just wish I knew!!  My fiance is so excited and happy, and I'm anxious.  I think I will be happy either way, but I know that he's going to make this a lot more enjoyable for me if I am pregnant.  

LyndollyCarlos
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I would wait about another week and take another test you can still have spotting and be pregnant maybe your hp leave is not high enough yet
greenhazel96
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats exactly how I felt when I was pregnant! I got menstural like cramping so I kept thinking I was going to get my period but nope, I was preggers!
kyana1995
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my last period jan 12th .. but a week before my period was suppose to come i was feeling diffrent but i took 2 pregnancy tests and they both said negative and the day my period was suppose to come it didnt ,so the day after i was suppose to get it i took two more tests and they both came out positive so i went to the docter took another one and it came out positive.... so try another one in a little while and see what it says .. now i am 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant :) GOODLUCK  !!

kqbaby
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I took another test this morning. Still a negative, and I'm now 14 days late. I'm supposed to start my next period at the end of this week, so I guess we'll see if it comes or not...
kqbaby
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Just an update, I am not pregnant. 43 day cycle, but I eventually started. Thanks for all the advice, ladies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN