Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

So I have that glucose test today...

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 10 Replies
I'm not too excited about drinking this orange stuff, and getting blood drawn. I hope the results are good though because i hate waiting, thank god boyfriend will be holding my hand -.- I guess they told me not to eat too much like an egg for breakfast and salad for lunch, ouch this will be tough
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2beQua
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I'm getting my first prenatal check up today, I just found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago and they believed I was 3 or 4 months. Oh btw...... GOOD LUCK :)
meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My first appointment was when i was about 7 weeks. it goes by sooo fast! and thanks.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I was told not to eat at all.
Don't freak if you fail your first test. I failed my first with both my boys then passed my second.

The stuff tastes like flat orange soda just so you're prepared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Ahh, well that's good because i love orange soda. Im just gonna eat a bunch of cheerios until the appointment.

KaroGreenly
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Drink it fast. Some people hate the taste so they drink it really slow. To me, that makes it worse. I drank it all in one or two swallows. Good luck!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Chug it down. It will probably make you really jittery. I'm surprised they let you eat at all. I always scheduled it really early im the morning so I didn't have to starve all day.

I only failed once(by ONE freaking point!) The three hour was pretty crappy because I didn't get to eat for about 5 hours!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I am strictly on eating cheerios til about 1, Lol. I would hate the three hour because of not eating, like is that okay for the baby?? I would feel like im starving her.

OmahaCouponMama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

It depends on your doctor.  My doctor just gives us a can of Orange Fanta.  Different doctors use different methods for this test.

Quoting AleaKat:

I was told not to eat at all.
Don't freak if you fail your first test. I failed my first with both my boys then passed my second.

The stuff tastes like flat orange soda just so you're prepared.

OmahaCouponMama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Mine is scheduled for Thursday.  I like the test though because I like orange pop.  My doctors don't care if eat anything up until about an hour before my appointment as long as its not candy.

meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
So I drank the orange stuff and about threw it up, got there and got told by surprise "since you're A negative you have to get a rhoGAM shot in your ass" oh... Great... Then went on to get lots of blood drawn and got my blood all over a pillow. My ass is so numb. If I have to do this again I will be soo uoset
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)