Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Stretch Marks ladies!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 10 Replies

It took me lik 3 moths to realize i was preggo because my period as always changing. Anyways I didn't have stretch marks until bout 8 months into the pregnancy. I used palmers lotion thinking it would help....than BAM at nine months it was like over night i have horrible strechmarks. I can not get them to go away. Plus the baby weight it kinda didn't make things any better. I went from a size 4/5 to 10 gained like 35lbs. Now i can fit back into my jeans but are too tight so i am like a size 7 idk what to do but just deal with it. anyone have same problem? Plus i had an emergency c-section and my belly kinda bulges outward on the bottom and idk how to tighten that?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeakers2
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Stretch marks will not go away, they will fade but will never go away. Lotion can help when you are pregnant, but most of the appearance of stretch marks have to do with genetics. If your mother got them during pregnancy, its pretty safe to assume you will too.

Look up ways to tone you tummy. You might have the pouch regardless, but you can shrink it some. Don't be upset if you are not able to get back down to a size 5. My hips spread so much with my first. I've held my size 5s up to myself and the only way I could get back into them is to go straight to bones, no skin.

Focus on being healthy, not how thin you look. Pregnancy changes your body in many ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I was a size 1, 2, and 3 before pregnancy. I gained 57 pounds. I was a 12 after pregnancy and now i wear 4/5. My daughter is about to turn 1. I had a csection (not emergency). I was lucky to get stretch marks on my butt and thighs rather than belly. You can barely see them now. Just continue keeping them moisturized. And about your belly, you can get it flatter. Mine is flat again. I started out with just walking to get some fat off. Then i started doing crunches, squats, ect. If you want to help get your belly flatter, do some crunches. You can also get on all fours and bring your butt up by arching your back then go forward (kind of like a hump) while pulling your belly button towards your spine. Just try not to overwork yourself. You could also do a few planks. You can lay on your back and lift your legs up about 3 or 4 inches and hold it for a few seconds then rest and do it again. All that helps lol =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dalia9485
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for the advice i will defintley try! :)

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

There isn't much that can be done about the stretch marks (prevention is the best thing b/c once you have them, they just kind of fade over time).

You can lose the weight by eating foods that are less processed and by eating more raw fruits and veggies.  I eat nuts for protein and healthy fats.

I didn't have a c-section and I don't know how long ago it was, but I do an exercise for abs that is GREAT!!!  When you can do ab exercises again, here it is:
Begin in an X position: feet apart, hands apart over your head.
Bring your right elbow down and lift your left knee toward each other. (go back to the X position)
Squat down.  (go back to the X position)
Do the same thing with the oposite elbow and knee.
That's one rep.  I do a few sets of 10 reps.  The more you do them, the more and better results you'll see; I think "normal" is five sets of 10 reps.

Dalia9485
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Thank you I will definetly try

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad i looked at this post again because I'm going to try this! lol =)

Quoting MrsJoe125:

There isn't much that can be done about the stretch marks (prevention is the best thing b/c once you have them, they just kind of fade over time).

You can lose the weight by eating foods that are less processed and by eating more raw fruits and veggies.  I eat nuts for protein and healthy fats.

I didn't have a c-section and I don't know how long ago it was, but I do an exercise for abs that is GREAT!!!  When you can do ab exercises again, here it is:
Begin in an X position: feet apart, hands apart over your head.
Bring your right elbow down and lift your left knee toward each other. (go back to the X position)
Squat down.  (go back to the X position)
Do the same thing with the oposite elbow and knee.
That's one rep.  I do a few sets of 10 reps.  The more you do them, the more and better results you'll see; I think "normal" is five sets of 10 reps.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I was size 0 and gained 60 lbs, I was a size 6 two weeks after having her and had lost 20lbs. I didn't have stretch marks until right after she was born. They weren't bad in the first place, but now after 6 months I can barely see them and haven't done anything to make them fade. You can't completely get rid of them but they'll fade. My friend's were barely visible a year after she had her son and hers were pretty bad...

I'm now a size 3-4 with 20lbs left to go. Some women's hips never return to the same size so they never fit back into their pre-pregnancy jeans. If that's the case, all you have to do is learn to love your new body.

mommabear0413
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Quoting Dalia9485:

It took me lik 3 moths to realize i was preggo because my period as always changing. Anyways I didn't have stretch marks until bout 8 months into the pregnancy. I used palmers lotion thinking it would help....than BAM at nine months it was like over night i have horrible strechmarks. I can not get them to go away. Plus the baby weight it kinda didn't make things any better. I went from a size 4/5 to 10 gained like 35lbs. Now i can fit back into my jeans but are too tight so i am like a size 7 idk what to do but just deal with it. anyone have same problem? Plus i had an emergency c-section and my belly kinda bulges outward on the bottom and idk how to tighten that?

The exact same thing happened to me! Out've nowhere my strechmarks came and it sucks, I have like a little pouch on my stomach still and no matter how much I work out out, it still won't go away.
Dalia9485
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM

i know how you feel i found that finding a good scrub like sugar (i got mine from bath n beyond) on your stretch marks helps lift the dead skin n makes them softer n lighter. I always shower use the scrub n then put on a stretch mark cream like tummy butter. make sure its 100% butter its way better. my stretch marks were so red n ugly ..now theyr like a brownish color. But i have done is for like months n it takes a while but i will get rid of those muthaeffers!! n for the pouch i use like a wrap around ,my tummy n work out. it seemed to kinda help ...something that did help also was i used a cellulite shield cream on your stomach helps with the dimples n stuff. use it after the tummy butter dries :) hope it helps

Soccersb110
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Cafemom posts this awhile back maybe it can help

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/147155/
10_tricks_for_tightening
_loose

Sorry I'm mobile so it not clickable so just copy n paste in browser

Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN