Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

baby food source

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
Do your breastfed baby only view you as a food source?? My 3 month baby mostly looking and rooting when I get her. Do your baby do that. So every time she does I give her the breast. Am I doing right
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You're doing great!  She doesn't only view you as a food source; she views your breasts as a source of comfort as well as a source of nutrition.

If you want to try to teach her not to root, you can interact with her face-to-face instead of picking her up to interact with her and feed her on a schedule instead of on demand.  Then she will learn that interacting with you does not always have to include your breasts and she will also learn to only eat when she is hungry.  But either way is good; you just have to decide which way is best for you and her. :-)

mom2astar
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Thank you such great advice
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You're doing great! My son is 18 months and I'm pretty sure he sees a giant boob when he looks at me lol.

Always feed on demand, it's best for supply and baby. She sees you as food and comfort. Talk to her, hold her hand, sing her a song, read her a book during a feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OmahaCouponMama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I breastfeed my oldest until he was about 1 1/2.  My youngest one wanted to stop when he was about 2 months.  I plan on breast feeding my daughter until she is ready to ween herself or 1.

mom2astar
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Thank you all for your advice
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN