Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

why is he sleeping so much?!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 6 Replies
so ds just turned 1 month old on the 24th & today he was only awake for about 3 and a half hours other than when he would wake up to nurse! it's really not normal for him to sleep so much. df says it's probably because he's going through a growth spurt.. is he right or should I call the dr tomorrow if he's still sleeping alot?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama2my2boys
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM
does he have a fever? how many wet and poopy diapers? how long did he nurse for when he did eat?......Just to be safe if he sleeps alot tonight I would call his dr and see or maybe even take him in....but thats just me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Sounds like a growth spurt to me!
Nicki1995
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM
That sounds pretty normal i would think.
emilyelephant
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Sounds like a growth spurt

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Totally normal:-) He's gearing up for a huge growth spurt. Prepare to nurse constantly for a few days soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Growth spurt was the first thing I thought of.  Some of my children ate a lot, got a little chubby, then slept through shooting up (you know what I mean).  Others slept a lot, then ate and grew at the same time.  Others shot up in height, then ate and slept and filled out.  Each child's body does these things on a slightly different cycle.  Sleeping for 20 hours a day is normal for 1 mo (and even for some beyond that age).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)