Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child became a teen parent

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 20 Replies

What would you do?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Be devastated.  I know what my struggle was like......

But if the decision was made to raise the child, we'd be doing it together.

However, not a single freaking one of my kiddos will KNOW that I'd help them unless faced with the situation. haha

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

jojo_star
by Jo on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I would be beyond furious and disappointed. I have fully educated all my children on contraception, and on how to prevent pregnancy. I don't have a problem with them having sex, they just need to be smart, there is no reason to have a child you can't afford. 

If it was my daughter, I would hope and pray she has an abortion. If not, she can adopt it out, or raise it, but she will raise it, we won't. We won't pay for it, we won't be free babysitters, we both work, so that wouldn't work anyway. If she is old enough to have a baby, she can damn sure pay for it. Same goes for our boys. If they get someone pregnant, I would hope she aborts, if not, it's on them. We won't pay for an unnecessary mistake and we won't raise it. I'm of the opinion that if you decide to have sex, you need to be willing to take responsibility for your actions by either aborting, adopting, or paying for it on your own. 

vinny25
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I got pregnant both times while on some kind of birthcontrol so I know that they dont always work. Ill try to educate my kids on the responsibility and risk of having sex. If they choose to take the risk and end up pregnant then I'd help to an extant. I had no help AT ALL I know how hard it is to be young and have the weight if the world on your shoulders. My parents didnt help me and for that, they wont be a part of my kids life, ill help my kids but will not raise theirs. I did my part lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vinny25
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Birthcontrol doesnt always prevent pregnancies. Abstinence is the 100% full proof birthcontrol, but try and teach hormonal kids that lol

Quoting jojo_star:

I would be beyond furious and disappointed. I have fully educated all my children on contraception, and on how to prevent pregnancy. I don't have a problem with them having sex, they just need to be smart, there is no reason to have a child you can't afford. 

If it was my daughter, I would hope and pray she has an abortion. If not, she can adopt it out, or raise it, but she will raise it, we won't. We won't pay for it, we won't be free babysitters, we both work, so that wouldn't work anyway. If she is old enough to have a baby, she can damn sure pay for it. Same goes for our boys. If they get someone pregnant, I would hope she aborts, if not, it's on them. We won't pay for an unnecessary mistake and we won't raise it. I'm of the opinion that if you decide to have sex, you need to be willing to take responsibility for your actions by either aborting, adopting, or paying for it on your own. 

tina08mommy
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I would be there for my child. I was a teen mom and my parents where there for me and my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by Jo on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM
When used correctly, most hormonal bc has a 1% fail rate. Very few people use it correctly. Also, our children have been taught to use two forms, condoms and then something hormonal. Obviously our boys can't, but our oldest sons gf thankfully has the arm implant.

Quoting vinny25:

Birthcontrol doesnt always prevent pregnancies. Abstinence is the 100% full proof birthcontrol, but try and teach hormonal kids that lol

Quoting jojo_star:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeakers2
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I would support whatever decision they made. Both my son and my daughter. If the decision was to keep it, I would expect them to finish school and get at least a part time job to support the child. As long as they are in my house, they are expected to finish school. If the situation was to happen, we would help. However, we are not raising the baby for them. You want to lay down and make a baby, you will own up and take responsibility for your actions. They want to go out and party? Too damn bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I would be supportive. I would do whatever it took to make sure she got an education and help with the baby as much as I could. I hope that doesnt hapen though.

vinny25
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Birthcontrol isnt just pills. Comdom s are also a a form of birthcontrol. Our condoms never broke nor slipped off and I still got pregnant. I also tried pills, I took it religiously and never forgot a day to take them, still got pregnant. I am living proof that you can still get pregnant using both most common birthcontrols.

Quoting jojo_star:

When used correctly, most hormonal bc has a 1% fail rate. Very few people use it correctly. Also, our children have been taught to use two forms, condoms and then something hormonal. Obviously our boys can't, but our oldest sons gf thankfully has the arm implant.

Quoting vinny25:

Quoting jojo_star:

Bookoholic
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
It would depend on if they took every precaution to prevent getting pregnant. If they did then there was obviously a reason they got pregnant. Now if they were stupid about it all then I'd be mad, and really advise them to be responsible about making a decision. I mean I'd want this either way, but I'm more so if they were not responsible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)