Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Journal ideas?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 3 Replies

If you were writing a book or a journal about yourself so that you could leave it behind for your children, what would you put in it? Memories of when you were a kid? Favorite songs & movies? Favorite quotes? Anything goes! Need some ideas. I have started a journal to fill up for if anything happens to me before my daughter gets a chance to really know who I am, she will be able to read the journal I wrote and know me, or just for when she's older, something that she can hang on to and cherish.

So, what would you be sure to include in your journal/book?

Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jojo_star
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I do journal, I have since I was 9 years old, and everything about my life is well document. Of course, the writing has gotten a lot better through the years, but I have several boxes full of just journals (I'm 25 now, so that's A LOT of journals). I don't know that I'll ever give them to my kids, at least not while I'm alive, but they know just about everything about my life anyway, though a bit more watered down version. I've been honest with them about everything.

TigressLily
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM

That's cool that you have that many journals =D I wish I had kept up with something like that. I wrote in journals from time to time growing up, but never filled a whole one up and never kept them. This journal has more meaning to me now, and so I want to make sure it's filled completely.

Quoting jojo_star:

I do journal, I have since I was 9 years old, and everything about my life is well document. Of course, the writing has gotten a lot better through the years, but I have several boxes full of just journals (I'm 25 now, so that's A LOT of journals). I don't know that I'll ever give them to my kids, at least not while I'm alive, but they know just about everything about my life anyway, though a bit more watered down version. I've been honest with them about everything.

SexyDiva19
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had a journal since I was 15 and met my 1st bf. I am now 24 so I have a 15 page journal on my computer detailing most everything that has happened to me in these past years. I like to go back and read my writings from 2005, 2006 etc because I can see how far I've actually came and how my mindset has changed since then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN