Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honey my water broke!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Since it's April fools, decided to get back at fiance this year. I'm only 28 weeks, and I figured what better way to joke and get him prepared for when the baby is coming at the same time? In about an hour ill text and and tell him my water broke. See how he reacts. What are you all gonna do for a little April fools fun?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by Jo on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Be careful with that. You don't know how he'll react, since you are so early. And I know you mean it as a joke, but an early baby really isn't a joke. I work today, so I don't think I'm going to do much of anything, the text I got this morning from night shift told me there are 8 ladies in labor, and we have 6 mom/babe couplets, so it'll be a busy day. 

BlondeMommy18
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I know you probably mean it as a joke, but I would be careful with that since you have no idea how he will react and it is a serious circumstance. I know you didn't post this to offend anyone, but premature labor and babies born prematurely is not a joke. My dd was born at 29 weeks, and it has been a long hard journey, and still is. And, I'm not sure probably nothing this year lol. But I'm sure hubby has something up his sleeve ;)

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I really don't like April Fools jokes.  

I'm probably not doing any jokes.

Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I think I stopped playing April Fools jokes on people when I was in middle school.

And I'm echoing the PPs on how telling him you're in labor probably wouldn't be the best idea since you're so early. Pick something else.
Samantha.Stetka
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Probably isn't the best idea, because your so early. Throughout every ultrasound that my boyfriend hasn't seen I swear I seen another baby in there. I am currently 34 weeks with my son. So this morning I texted him and told him that the doctor just called, and said she thinks I'm actually pregnant with twins. He didn't know what to think! Hahaha

CafeMom Tickers
cjsix
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Quoting Samantha.Stetka:

Probably isn't the best idea, because your so early. Throughout every ultrasound that my boyfriend hasn't seen I swear I seen another baby in there. I am currently 34 weeks with my son. So this morning I texted him and told him that the doctor just called, and said she thinks I'm actually pregnant with twins. He didn't know what to think! Hahaha

Oh,dear...lol!  OP,this would be an idea....

kbear1992
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I'd be careful with that I'm 34 weeks an swear baby is going to be comin soon due to some problems I've been having, so I thought about it then I thought wait what I I really do go into labor today haha no ones going to believe me it's a good thing I have a dr app in a few hours haha
Samantha.Stetka
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no! Good luck! Let me know how everything goes!

CafeMom Tickers
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
That would be a panic moment. I put on my fb that we got orders to ft Carson (we are currently in Germany) didn't take long to bust that bubble, they all know we have 3 years here lol
eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Awww how funny.  And ornery!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)