Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Just Curious !?!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

Seedy poop? Some say it describes good poop but is that even normal b/c my daughters has been water and just well you know mucous like....I was just wondering has any of you ladies ever heard of this word or child has had seedy poop

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM
If you are breastfeeding it's normal and good. Mucousy poop is actually a concern.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM

The word concern got me

Quoting cemcnair:

If you are breastfeeding it's normal and good. Mucousy poop is actually a concern.

cemcnair
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Breastfed or formula?
eds6619
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM

sounds normal as little as she is----the seedy kind.

sweetchic09
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Any of yal live in longview
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I wonder if breastfed or formula. Normal breast fed poo is can be a tad grainy and water. I lovingly refer to them as "poo-splosions".  Breastmilk is very pure and the body uses most of what goes in. So all that's left is a lot of water.  If it's foaming I'd say LO might be gassy.  

If you're formula feeding and it's super watery I would call the pedi. Could just be needing to switch formulas. Or could be a tummy bug.

Shaketa123
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Thank You I needed to know this

Quoting AmandaN1:

I wonder if breastfed or formula. Normal breast fed poo is can be a tad grainy and water. I lovingly refer to them as "poo-splosions".  Breastmilk is very pure and the body uses most of what goes in. So all that's left is a lot of water.  If it's foaming I'd say LO might be gassy.  

If you're formula feeding and it's super watery I would call the pedi. Could just be needing to switch formulas. Or could be a tummy bug.

Shaketa123
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I was breastfeeding but I switched to formula

Quoting cemcnair:

Breastfed or formula?

cemcnair
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Watery or mucousy poop then might be a concern. For breastfed babies it means they are usually getting too much foremilk. I don't know for formula babies, except that it should not be watery.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting cemcnair:

Breastfed or formula?

Shaketa123
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM

The doctor wasn't concerned that much just said that it might be the formula I'm giving her but also says keep checking just in case bt she thinks its dirrhea 

Quoting cemcnair:

Watery or mucousy poop then might be a concern. For breastfed babies it means they are usually getting too much foremilk. I don't know for formula babies, except that it should not be watery.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting cemcnair:

Breastfed or formula?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN