Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Would you bribe your kid into potty training?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 10 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I'll admit, I used m&m's with my oldest.  Not sure what I'm going to do with my 2nd.  We haven't actively started to potty train.

sweetchic09
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I have a 3 yr old boy trying to get him to go poop in the potty :-) where do u live?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rocrobin90
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Bribing my oldest is not working lol. It worked for the first few times. sometimes he will go potty and then other times i ask him if he has to potty then he runs from me. So he is still not ready.

vinny25
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I tried that but then he thought if he just sits on the potty without peeing or pooping he should get a treat so I stopped that lol I just celebrated with him and showed him his new underwear and that got him realy excited and got the hang of the potty in no time!
mamalusbear
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I'm all for bribery.....

eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Mine knows what she is doing and refuses to do it on the potty. :)

BevLuc
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Quoting eds6619:

Mine knows what she is doing and refuses to do it on the potty. :)

lol same thing with mine, he will only tell me when his done making a poopoo

AutymsMommy
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Bet your bum I do :)

I have three children (11, 4, and an infant). I'm potty training my resistent pottier (boy, almost 4 years old) with the promise of a big boy party this weekend for staying in undies all week - he gets chocolate cake, his choice of dinner, balloons, a present, and to invite his favorite neighbor. So far, so good.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no problem using bribery ;)
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

yep! we did stickers, candies, little treats..etc lol  it was hard with my second though..because my girls are only 13 months apart..so she wanted treats as well..when the younger one was getting treats..and vise versa...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)