Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

19 years old.. 5 weeks pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 15 Replies
Hey there! So im 19 going on 20 in august & im engaged.. dfs family knows and are excited.. i havrnt told my mom yet cause im scared to miscarry and i know she'll be heart broken...

How/when did you announce your pregnancy?

Was your pregnancy successful? If not how did you handle that? (This is my biggest fear)

Were you judged for being a young mom?

Did you have a gender reveal party? Lol something I'm really interested in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyelephant
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I was 19 when I got pregnant, my birthday is in august too. I told my mom when I found out at 6 weeks because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. I had a great pregnancy and had my 8lb 6oz little girl vaginally 6 days after I was due. Why are you afraid to miscarry? Have you had a miscarriage before or have a medical condition?

I can't say I was ever judged for being young. Not many people even said anything about us not being married, and only one person was rude about it. We didn't have a reveal party, but we did find out the sex and filled cupcakes with pink icing to give to our parents and close friends.

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I told my parents at 5 weeks with my daughter because I really needed their support & I was scared & didn't really know how to handle it. I didn't do a gender reveal party with her and I don't feel I was really judged for being a teen mom but I lost a lot of friends in the process. It just showed me they weren't true friends to begin with.
With ds we didn't tell anyone until I was about 15 weeks. I did do a gender reveal party with him. We put blue balloons in a box and had all the family over and we ate then our dd helped us open the box & the balloons flew out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsVolle0904
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM
That's funny. I was 19 when I got pregnant, and turned 20 in September. :-)
I was nervous as all hell to tell my dad about my pregnancy, but it turned out fine. I was a little over 8 weeks when I made my announcement. My pregnancy was hard, because I had pre existing diabetes, and it made it much harder on me, but my daughter is now three months old, healthy and happy and I'm blessed for it, because she saved my life and my marriage.
I wish yu luck, and I'm here I'd yu need someone to talk to

Do the reveal party. They are a lot of fun. I had mine and it was a blast!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sue5109
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 36 weeks pregnant now. I just turned 20 last week. I told every one in my family around 9 weeks. I haven't been judged for being a young mom other than df's mom coming over to my apartment and sitting me and DF down and asking us to get an abortion because we are young. After her shoving it down my throat for an hour I threw her out of my apartment because she wouldn't take no for an answer! She finally came around to it. Lol we have been together for 4 years we can handle having a kid? But anyway now we are getting ready to meet our princess and couldn't be more excited :) I didn't have a gender reveal party, only a baby shower.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Soccersb110
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I was 20 when we first got pregnant but we miscarried at 12 weeks luckily we hadn't told anyone yet. We got pregnant again when I was 22 and waited til I was 4mo to tell everyone just so we knew we werent gonna miscarry again.....I think I'm a little judges by my friends both times, they the only ones who knew both times. I'm the only one with a child while they still think partying and drinking is what they need to do. But I'm happy I have a family and that all that matter....I didn't have a gender reveal party, I barely had a baby shower.....good luck hope u do well through this pregnancy and relax as much as possible and don't stress.... Stress can affect the baby...good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicole.Brown
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I'm sorry .. Do you know why you miscarried?

Quoting Soccersb110:

I was 20 when we first got pregnant but we miscarried at 12 weeks luckily we hadn't told anyone yet. We got pregnant again when I was 22 and waited til I was 4mo to tell everyone just so we knew we werent gonna miscarry again.....I think I'm a little judges by my friends both times, they the only ones who knew both times. I'm the only one with a child while they still think partying and drinking is what they need to do. But I'm happy I have a family and that all that matter....I didn't have a gender reveal party, I barely had a baby shower.....good luck hope u do well through this pregnancy and relax as much as possible and don't stress.... Stress can affect the baby...good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicole.Brown
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Not really, but I know it happens to ever 1 out of 5 women and it's scary

Quoting emilyelephant:

I was 19 when I got pregnant, my birthday is in august too. I told my mom when I found out at 6 weeks because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. I had a great pregnancy and had my 8lb 6oz little girl vaginally 6 days after I was due. Why are you afraid to miscarry? Have you had a miscarriage before or have a medical condition?

I can't say I was ever judged for being young. Not many people even said anything about us not being married, and only one person was rude about it. We didn't have a reveal party, but we did find out the sex and filled cupcakes with pink icing to give to our parents and close friends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

"After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks" https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease a little as you move through these early weeks!

Quoting Nicole.Brown:

Not really, but I know it happens to ever 1 out of 5 women and it's scary

Quoting emilyelephant:

USM0MMY
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I found out I was pregnant when I was around 8 weeks along. I waited to announce my pregnancy because my aunt had miscarried multiple times before she was able to conceive her last child. My aunt is in her upper 30's, but the idea of miscarrying scared the crap out of me...

So I slowly told people what was going on. All my family and close friends knew by the time I was 12 weeks. Once I hit 12 weeks I knew I was at the "safe point," but I waited to branch out and tell more people 'til I was 16 weeks.

I announced my pregnancy on Facebook once I hit 6 months.. I waited that long so that I could tell as many people as possible in person :)

I think no matter what that there are going to be people out there that judge you for any decisions that you make. For you, you are engaged and having a baby, that's pretty awesome! For me, the father (who I lost my virginity to) is claiming that he isn't the father. In other words, your situation is a lot better than some young mamas-to-be.

I think you should have a gender reveal party and let us cafemom-ers know how it goes :)

CafeMom Tickers
Soccersb110
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I never got an official reason but I think it was stress causing high blood pressure... Me n DH were fighting a lot for no reason and we both think that didn't help.....it took use almost 2 yrs of trying after that to conceive again and this time we were really careful to create a stress free environment an now we have a beautiful baby boy......we still think about our child before and I still consider it my child, my DH thinks it was a girl cuz both preg were totally diff

Quoting Nicole.Brown:

I'm sorry .. Do you know why you miscarried?

Quoting Soccersb110:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)