Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

17 and baby due September 5th, question about birth

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 46 Replies

I am terrified about having to give birth because my frame is so tiny. I wanna know who has had an epidural and learn about your birth experience please and thank you!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hey I just posted in another topic of yours haha. 

First off, many teeny woman give birth. Don't let your size get you scared! As you get farther along hips actually spread to allow baby to drop. Yay right? hehe.

I have had an epidural twice. The first I am very thankful for because I had back labor. The epidural didn't take right and it was just an unpleasent experience. The second time was amazing.  lol  Went great and I didn't tear a bit.  

My biggest suggestion is having a plan of action is good, but know you will have to be flexible.  :)

Miss_Kayla96
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM

When an epidural works exactly how it should, what does it feel like?

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I had an epidural with my first. I had a bad reaction to it. My BP dropped dramatically and I couldn't hold ds for about 3 hours :(
I had no drugs with my second ds and it was an amazing and powerful experience! Education is key :)

Btw-my first was 9lbs 5ozs and my second was 9lbs 15ozs. I'm only 5'2" and not a large person.

Your body will not grow a baby it can't deliver (some cases yes, but not often).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Tiny pinch when they numb the area. Then no pain, just pressure. You feel heavy, but can still sort of move if you concentrate. You could actually nap if you wanted.
It can make you feel cold or shake.

Quoting Miss_Kayla96:

When an epidural works exactly how it should, what does it feel like?

Kmcasey9
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I had epidurals with all 4 f my kids.  Ahhhhh... I felt no pain :)  You feel a pinch and pressure when it goes into your back.  I HATE needles, but I held VERY still for that one.  I had some shivers and chills for a short while, but  it went away (or I stopped noticing it).  I had the start of back labor for 2 of the kids, so it wasa blessing.  I even tore a little with my first, but never felt it (and they stitched me without me feeling it either).

workathomema-tx
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM

epidural was amazing!!! idk how i could've gotten thnrough with out it!

Miss_Kayla96
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Is there a difference in the baby at all when it comes out if you get an epidural or you don't? Is he like drugged out or does it not affect it at all?

Nicki1995
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
My frame is tiny. I had a csection from a number of things
Miss_Kayla96
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thank you! I am pretty sure that I am going to get an epidural :)

Miss_Kayla96
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I definitely do NOT want to have a C section unless it is necessary. I am already self conscious about my body and I don't want any scars :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)