Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Young Military Wife Seeking Advice

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hey, my names Krystal. My husband is deploying May 15th, 2013 to Okinawa, Japan. I'm not a mother, nor am I pregnant (but we have 2 dogs, German Sheperd & a MinPin). We've been trying to conceive for a couple months now.. We wanted to conceive before he deployed and we'd have the baby once he got back. We're not sure if it will happen. Even with out a baby or being pregnant I am still very nervous/worried, & scared about him being gone for so long. I'd love any advice on what to do or how to deal with it for the first couple months.. or any tips! I'd also love to make friends on here! Thanks! -Krystal
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

WElcome to the group.  No advice as my dh isn't military.

KileyC
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Welcome to the group I'm also with a man who is going in the military so not exactly the same but I can kinda relate. I'm 18 weeks and he won't be there for the birth, but in your case the best thing is just to have family and friends that are there for you and keep in touch with him. When my mom was pregnant with me my dad was deployed. She had my aunt with her when my dad was away so she never had a problem because she had support
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Hi Krystal, welcome to the group.  I'm sure your adjustment will take some time but just keep yourself occupied, join some clubs or get into activities that you like.  DO you live on base?  I'm sure there are a lot of support activities for spouses.  You always have the dogs to keep you company during the lonely times too.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Welcome! This site is for those ttc as well :)
I would join the Trying to Conceive group and Military Moms group! Good luck, I wish you guys the best! Thank you for your dh (and yours) service :)
corpswife523
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Thanks for the advice! We live on base right now (Camp Pendleton) but when he deploys I'll be moving back to Texas where mine & his family lives. I'll be living by myself a couple hours from my family, but I know being with them will make it easier for me. Also, I will have my Mother-in-law (his mom) to help me since she's already dealt with his last deployment.

Quoting MandaMom23:

Hi Krystal, welcome to the group.  I'm sure your adjustment will take some time but just keep yourself occupied, join some clubs or get into activities that you like.  DO you live on base?  I'm sure there are a lot of support activities for spouses.  You always have the dogs to keep you company during the lonely times too.

corpswife523
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Quoting cemcnair:

Welcome! This site is for those ttc as well :)
I would join the Trying to Conceive group and Military Moms group! Good luck, I wish you guys the best! Thank you for your dh (and yours) service :)

Awesome! I didn't know there was a group for that. Thanks!

sdsgrubb
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Military wife here.. First deployment being with him but I have been through lots with my brothers and brother in law. Not the same thing between my brothers and husband though lol... I've noticed that if im not busy i'm thinking about him. I'm very lucky an able to talk to him a-lot but when I'm not skypeing i worry like mad. 

So advice keep busy, it's a good time to be more active with the dogs, babysit some wild kids, find something that you want to do and that keeps your mind busy. the months will go by fast when your mind is busy. 

My ideal things have been walking and taking care of 4 restless kids, bloging, being on here, swimming, reading. can't keep the worry away still but its not as bad as when he first left. 

HaleyCovington
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi! I'm Haley. I'm from texas too! My DH is military. There are military mom groups and ttc groups too. Those might be helpful if you wanna check them out. As for the deployment my best advice is to just keep busy. It's important to keep living your life while he's gone, it helps keep you sane and makes the time go faster!
MandaMom23
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That is great.  Having the support of family and someone who has already been through a deployment will surely be helpful.  Happy Friday, I hope all is well.

Quoting corpswife523:

Thanks for the advice! We live on base right now (Camp Pendleton) but when he deploys I'll be moving back to Texas where mine & his family lives. I'll be living by myself a couple hours from my family, but I know being with them will make it easier for me. Also, I will have my Mother-in-law (his mom) to help me since she's already dealt with his last deployment.

Quoting MandaMom23:

HyrulianHeroine
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM

find some friends in your area while he's gone occupy yourself. 

we were in Hawaii and i had a support group of other wives that werent yet pregnant, we all just hung out and kept each other company while our men were gone :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)