Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Jealous?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
Does anyone ever see they're young friends out having a blast with no kids in tow and get a Lil jealous. Don't get me wrong I would never change the fact that I have my kids. I love them with my whole heart and soul. They are blessings. I just feel like I missed my childhood crazy twentys. And that makes me feel guilty sometimes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
No, I love my life. I did feel jealous and resentful towards my son for a little while, but I think that is normal, I was 13 when I had him, so I missed a lot of things and struggled to grow up while raising a child. Now, I pity most of the teens who party. I'm 25, married almost 7 years, with a career I love. I'm financially very comfortable and I have amazing children. But, they are also older, 11, 14, 15, and 16, so dh and I can go out and they aren't as demanding as babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizrami
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Well I wouldn't say jealous I just feel like I am on a different level from my friends... I only wish I had waited to get married n have baby when I feel overwhelmed, mad, or stressed out! But I just can't see my life without my dh or baby no matter how hard things get:)
Shaketa123
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Well I'm going to say no b/c even though I have kids I can still have fun just like they do except in a classy manner my friends are mostly hardcore partiers and I din't want my child around that so If I wanna go out and have fun I call my mom to babysit and have fun with my friends I'm in college with

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
No. I was never a party girl and never will be. I was always more down to earth and wanted to settle down with a nice guy and have kids. I love being a wife and mother. =)
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
No. I'm not very social.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shayde5legend3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I never really partied either but on days where I'm stressed or my ex husband is just getting under my skin I guess I just feel very old lol even though I'm not. Like I said I wouldn't change it for anything. And I love my boys. I just feel older than I am I guess
sarasue719
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes. I had my first when i was just barely 20. I never really got to experience being single or unbound. But then i look at my friends 8 years later and they are still in that same life style and the jealousy quickly fades. Luckily my family baby sits often so if we get a wild hair we can go out. :-)
eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Aww, I'm sorry.  I think every mother goes through this at some point.

Shayde5legend3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone has been so helpful thank you. :)
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

yep!  We are stationed in Germany and one of my friends is married with no kids..while I am married with two..they take off ALL the time on random trips..and with two kids I find it hard to just jump up and go lol not enough money for it..and we have to plan entertainment for them haha..but I dont really miss the out partying days..would just LOVE to feel like I could travel more and do grown up trips lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)