Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

19 and confused

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm 19 years old I have a 2 year old son my "boyfriend" is his father and I use the term loosely I work two jobs to pay all of my bills I don't have a car bc my sons father decided to trade our truck for a motorcycle he doesn't have a job he wont keep the house clean I had to give his mom custody of our son bc I couldn't afford to care for him properly by myself I have kicked myself repeatedly over letting my sons father live with me bc he's so lazy but at the same time I don't want to make him leave bc he is my sons father what should I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
halls95
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what's best for your son. Sometimes it's best not to have both parents, if one of the parent can never grow up. I grew up with out my life, when i turned 17, I moved out, and met my real father. I'm SO glad my mother left him, because my life would probably have turned out a lot worse if he had still been in my life. Growing up it sucked not having a dad around, but i realize now it's definitely for the best.

MSmomma10
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM
He's an ok dad for the most part its mostly he doesn't go look for a job or help me around the house and I feel like his motorcycle means more than our family
halls95
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Well if he was a good dad, he would put his family first. He needs a job to support you two, and a mottorcycle is okay, if it comes in laatteer. You need a family vehicle first. and you need to be able to afford basic necessities before buying things like a mottorcycle. 

MSmomma10
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
So I shouldn't feel guilty over wanting him to leave
halls95
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Nope. If he wants to leave, that's his problem. I know plently of single moms who are doing just fine. Some guys just are fit to be parents yet. It takes a boy to create a child, it takes a man to raise one.. 

MSmomma10
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Thanks I dnt feel so bad now
melissaaytes
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Don't feel guilty...make him leave!  If he wants to be a father, then he needs to get a job, get off his lazy butt and do something.  Sometimes it takes a kick in the ass!!  I am not technically a young mom but I consider myself young haha I am 25.  Listen to words of wisdom from someone who has been there...you can make it on your own and should want your son back.  I finally gave my dh an ultimatum...get up off your ass and get a job or leave.  He got a job!!!  You probably won't say on here but is he doing drugs, buying alcohol, spending the money you make?  If so then you can def. make it on your own.  Do what is best for your son, get things togehter and get him back!!!

MSmomma10
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM
He doesn't do any drugs or alcohol that I know of we smoke cigs and that's about it
merinasmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
if you dont have your son why do you need your sons father?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this
ok so i just read the last thing you posted.you gave your son away because you couldnt afford him yet you can afford to smoke?you both need to grow up and get your priorities straight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN