Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child protective services...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:47 AM
  • 8 Replies
so DF's brother is a 16yo punk who causes alot of trouble. so df & I have been staying at his grandmas for the past few days. yesterday df went back to the house to talk to his brother & our neighbor, who is like a mother to me told him that a lady who lives down the street called CPS on me because she thinks that I'm involved in DF's brothers shananigans! I've only met this woman once & that was when she came pounding in my door a few months back looking for her son, whom I've never even seen, claiming that he was over at our house all the time. I'm so furious! I don't even speak to DF's brother & I would never do anything to put my baby in jeapordy!! this woman calls the police on a regular basis & causes alot of drama around the neighborhood so I'm hoping that CPS will consider the source & not take her call too seriously :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I'm glad she called. Too many people ignore warning signs and possible abuse. CPS needs to take it seriously and I hope they do, that is their job. If you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about, but personally and professionaly, I always call, rather than let abuse slip by, and everyone else should do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I am sure if she just causes trouble then it will go nowhere. CPS will usually just come by and do interviews with those in your household and if they find nothing it's dropped.  

Nicki1995
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Yeah, what the others said. If you haven't done anything wrong, you should have nothing to worry about. How did the neighbor know that woman called CPS though?
greentealover18
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
the lady had gone over to my neighbor & was talking to her & told her that she called.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Yeah, what the others said. If you haven't done anything wrong, you should have nothing to worry about. How did the neighbor know that woman called CPS though?
eds6619
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

People need to learn to mind their own business.  I'm sorry you have to go through with this.  Its just a hassle for you. 

Nicki1995
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Oh wow. She obviously didn't want to be kept anonymous. No worries though.

Quoting greentealover18:

the lady had gone over to my neighbor & was talking to her & told her that she called.

Quoting Nicki1995:

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM

if you have nothing to hide..then you have nothing to hide..case closed

cemcnair
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Hope it's not too much of a pain!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)