Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was your must have on the baby checklist?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have all the big stuff. Like the crib the changing table strollers little swings some clothes hats booties, were gonna get everything else like the smaller things here soon. And I was wondering what was REALLY needed, most lists online there's a bunch of stuff that I feel like isn't a need. More of a cool thing to have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved my boppy pillow, it was amazing. And my moby wrap. 

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Well obviously diapers :p  (I'm sure you knew, just teasing).

Um I agree I loved having a wrap to wear baby. With my 3rd it was SOO helpful.  Plus they like to be close to you.  I used receving blankets as spit rags cuz my kids were projectile spit uppers.  And really all the other stuff will be a personal basis. You find what works for you.  
Are you planning to breast feed or formula? 

meganliz11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I will be formula feeding for personal reasons. Ill check into that wrap thing that sounds nice

Quoting AmandaN1:

Um I agree I loved having a wrap to wear baby. With my 3rd it was SOO helpful.  Plus they like to be close to you.  I used receving blankets as spit rags cuz my kids were projectile spit uppers.  And really all the other stuff will be a personal basis. You find what works for you.  

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

No problem just was going to say for the shower you can ask for bottles and nipples of each size.  You may not get it all, but it will definitely help in the long run. Bottles can add up quickly.  I really loved the playtex drop in system. 

Quoting meganliz11:

I will be formula feeding for personal reasons. Ill check into that wrap thing that sounds nice

Quoting AmandaN1:

emilyelephant
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Swing, exersaucer, bumbo, we started formula feeding after a month and didn't use our boppy after 2 months. It was really  nice to have, but I'm glad I got it second hand for $5 because it definitely wasn't worth full price for us. She was more interested in sitting up so she hated her bouncer, a lot of things depend on the baby which really sucks.

emilyelephant
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely receiving blankets. Burp rags are wimpy, tiny things. lol

Quoting AmandaN1:

iLoveMyPargas
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I think the main needed things are like diapers & bottles of course, a bottle scrubber, receiving blankets, lotsa clothes, because they outgrow them so quikk. I think you said you had a swing already, that saved my life. And let me spend more time with my oldest. I can't really think of anything else but GL(:
sunshine86912
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I used clothes diapers instead of burp clothes..they are so much thicker! a bottle cleaner if you are going to use bottles is for sure a must have..pacis if you are going to use them and most deff something to wear baby around..I didnt like the slings, prefered the front packs, didnt know anything about these moby wraps and stuff but they sound awesome!

emilycastr0
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

If you're into the luxury items I'd say a Medela BreastPump ( if breastfeeding ), 4Moms Mamaroo, I have the OrbitBaby G2 stroller and I love it! but there are also Bugaboo, Quinny, Origami, Bloom Fresco High Chair, Boppy Pillow, ErgoBaby, just do your research!

Ollysmama08
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM

boppy pillow even if your not breast feeding it is super handy to have!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)