Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a bad break up, what do I do?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Recently my boyfriend of 2 years and the father of my child, broke up with me... And i don't really know how to handle it... For like a day all I could do was cry.  And now i just have this sick, sinking feeling in my stomach. you know like when your on a roller coaster? yeah, i've had that feeling for days now... I need some advise or help or something... :(

Update: I need some more advise...i've been talking to other guys, and i hang out with them, but everytime i'm around a guy that i know likes me, i feel sick to my stomach and guilty all the time...I want to move on, but when i try, i feel sick and i want to cry.  You know how when u kiss some one new for the first time and u get happy and have those butterflies? Wel i kissed a friend that i've known for about a yr and a half, he is a rly sweet guy, nice and funny, and he makes me feel good about myself.  I was rly hoping he could get my mind off him, and make me happy.  But i felt nothing...i was completely blank.  The only thing i really felt was sick.  Is it always gonna be this way...?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samantha.Stetka
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Try not to think about it! It obviously happened for a reason, but did he say why? Were you guys fighting? Did it come out of the blue? All I can say is focus on the baby and yourself and not worry about him. Good luck!

jojo_star
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Deal with it. It sucks to be a single mom, but you are a mom. You can't fall apart, you have a child you need to be strong for. File for child support, get a lawyer to set up custody and visitation, and get all the details ironed out, and suck up the fear and pain, because your child needs you to be strong. Good luck and hugs!

KileyC
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I went through similar things but he left due to us fighting and our families fighting. No matter what you just need to do the best for the baby. I had cried for days and my family made me realize that it's gonna be alright and I had to keep my head up especially with a little one on the way. I would suggest just trying your best to relax and be happy just think that baby needs and loves you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It will be hard. It will suck. But unfortunately it's not just you anymore.  You have to be there for that little one.  I'm glad you got a chance to cry, but you need a plan. Is he going to be involved in the child's life? If so, get it in writing. You don't have to go to an attorney, just you two write out what is going to happen and both sign it. I promise it sounds harsh now, but it will be a life saver later.  Just find happiness in that beautiful baby you have and doing what you can to give them the best life possible.  You will make it I promise!

SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry.

Try to look at the positives in life.  Focus on happier things, try not to dwell on negatives.  

proud2be16
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM

he said he just doesn't feel the same and that he wasn't going to lie about it. he still intends to stay in our daughters life completely and rite now he is acting like his usual self which is confusing the hell outta me.

mamalacy003
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
What do u mean by he's acting like his normal self sweetheart?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proud2be16
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

he is happy and smiling, hugging me and always finding an excuse to touch me. the only difference is that he won't kiss me or tell me he loves me. i'm confused as hell...

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I would need to tell him to walk away for a little while..not from your child..but from you..and set up ground rules on touching YOU.  You dont need confusion.  either he wants to be with you..or he doesnt. no middle ground

proud2be16
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Thing are better now i guess...still miss him, dont c him as much. but i'm still confused...he is going to college in colorado in a coupl months and my daughter or i wont c him.  I dont know how to feel about that...i still want to be with him but ppl keep telling me to not hold out hope for something that will probably not happen...wat do i do...?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)