• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son is a bully help

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 12 Replies
Lately I have been a lot of calls from my son teacher, he has been acting out a lot and he is bullying the girls in his class. I gave talked to him but don't seem to be getting yhrough to him, I have told my husband but he isn't bothered by his behavior he says he is a boy and he will grow out of like he did they did not make me feel any better his dad is still a bully if you ask me. What can I do to get him to stop this I know what little boys like him turn into and I don't want my son to be like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
selena2006
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM
He is 6 BTW he will be 7 in Dec
ginabeana92
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Maybe see if a guidance counsellor could talk to him. Maybe something is bothering him that you are unaware of. Typically this type of behavior is caused by something upsetting and if he won't tell you, find someone he trusts who he will talk to.

selena2006
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Yea maybe I will talk to the counselor at his school because I can't have this, he is even starting to be like this more at home with his lil sister and that is the only time his dad will do anything about otherwise its he is a boy he will grow up of it I was the same way that my lil macho man blah blah blah blah
selena2006
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Also his dad thinks I am overreacting to the situation
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, if he hears his dad saying it's no biggie and that's how he acts...your son is going to copy that. He looks up to his dad and thinks if he does it then I can do it.  
I think talking to the counselor is a good idea also. If a teacher is sending notes home about it, then it's gotten too far. They don't usually do that for no reason.  Have you tried talking to him maybe about how he'd feel if people were bullying him??
And if it doesn't quit then start taking things he loves away. Toys, games, etc. Tell him if you get another note from his teacher than such and such will be taken away. Then make sure you follow through. 

SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely talk with the school counselor.

Is he just bullying girls?  :-(

Nicki1995
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I agree with this

Quoting AmandaN1:

Honestly, if he hears his dad saying it's no biggie and that's how he acts...your son is going to copy that. He looks up to his dad and thinks if he does it then I can do it.  
I think talking to the counselor is a good idea also. If a teacher is sending notes home about it, then it's gotten too far. They don't usually do that for no reason.  Have you tried talking to him maybe about how he'd feel if people were bullying him??
And if it doesn't quit then start taking things he loves away. Toys, games, etc. Tell him if you get another note from his teacher than such and such will be taken away. Then make sure you follow through. 

eds6619
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Has anything changed in his world to cause him to act out?

eds6619
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Does your dh bully you?

selena2006
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I talked to the school counselor today and we are supposed to be meeting tomorrow. This behavior has to stop. I have tried taking stuff away it don't work
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)