Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shocking News D:

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 21 Replies

Well, today was good until i got a phone call telling me that the father of my child is moving to Miami and I was in shock I didn't call to ask why thats just suspicious to me...Should I be worried?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Does he not have a relationship with his child? Is he a threat to you or the child? 

Shaketa123
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Well a month ago he took me to court for custody of our daughter and after the court gave me full custody he claimed he didn't want to do anything with me or his daughter so Idk what to think at the moment

Quoting jojo_star:

Does he not have a relationship with his child? Is he a threat to you or the child? 

jojo_star
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Why did the court give you full custody? Does he have any rights at all? It's possible he reacted in hurt and anger when he said that, and now that he has cooled down, wants to come back and have rights to his child. I would do the adult thing and call him to find out what is going on.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Well a month ago he took me to court for custody of our daughter and after the court gave me full custody he claimed he didn't want to do anything with me or his daughter so Idk what to think at the moment

Quoting jojo_star:

Shaketa123
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM

They found drugs in his system...but I told him I was willing to share the custody bt he didn't say anything after that 

Quoting jojo_star:

Why did the court give you full custody? Does he have any rights at all? It's possible he reacted in hurt and anger when he said that, and now that he has cooled down, wants to come back and have rights to his child. I would do the adult thing and call him to find out what is going on.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting jojo_star:

cemcnair
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:57 AM
It'd be hard to have joint custody with him in Australia. Maybe he's decided to be part of his dd's life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM

He called today and told me he transferred so he could be closer to our daughter

Quoting cemcnair:

It'd be hard to have joint custody with him in Australia. Maybe he's decided to be part of his dd's life.

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I dont know the rest of the back story (the Austrilia bit lol) to know if concern would be needed or not haha

Shaketa123
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Lol I'll make it short I move to Australia with him b/c my family kicked me out and I had her alone he was nowhere to be found then I found out he was cheating so I came back to the US with my daughter lol

Quoting sunshine86912:

I dont know the rest of the back story (the Austrilia bit lol) to know if concern would be needed or not haha

rayroe2
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Why does it matter that he is moving?

Quoting Shaketa123:

Well, today was good until i got a phone call telling me that the father of my child is moving to Miami and I was in shock I didn't call to ask why thats just suspicious to me...Should I be worried?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Because he said he would never move and I have concerns about that

Quoting rayroe2:

Why does it matter that he is moving?

Quoting Shaketa123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)