Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

advice needed !

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am 18 and have a 3 month old daughter. Currently engaged and I live with my mother. My fiance lives with his cousin. We have a good opportunity in Michigan with a job and a place to live.bit I've never left my mom for more than a week and I'm terrified. Any advice?
By the way I live in Maryland
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:47 AM
That's up to you, but if you love him,.he loves you... I'd give it a try... But that's me personally! You will never be happy with him unless you try!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shilohsmommy215
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Thank you ! I really am happy with him. Its just a big move.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

That's up to you, but if you love him,.he loves you... I'd give it a try... But that's me personally! You will never be happy with him unless you try!

ilovemykids732
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Yes, it is, but you guys don't live together yet... It could make you super happy or miserable...

Quoting shilohsmommy215:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shilohsmommy215
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM
We have loved together before but things fell thru. We got along great.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Yes, it is, but you guys don't live together yet... It could make you super happy or miserable...

Quoting shilohsmommy215:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

ilovemykids732
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Well than I'd say go for it... If you are sure he's the man you want than run like the wind!

Quoting shilohsmommy215:

We have loved together before but things fell thru. We got along great.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Quoting shilohsmommy215:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM

It is weird being away from your mom at first. I live in AR and my mom is in TX.  But if you're getting married then this could be good for you guys. Just make sure the job is secured before moving all of you out there just in case it's not what you imagined. You don't want to get out there and end up with no jobs at all.  Good luck!

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I would make sure all the ducks were in a row with the job and place to live..and leave.  you can still go back and visit her...its not as hard as it seems/sounds..and its not like you can live with her forever..,eventually you gotta go anyways haha.  Be thankful its not another country away.  My entire fam is in NC..and we are in Germany...so its a HUGE hassel to get home..so May will make a year since I Have seen my family on anything other than facetime

sdsgrubb
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I would take the chance and go. This is a good thing to spread your wings and leave your mothers home. Makes you stronger, not just stronger for yourself but for your daughter and your fiance too. Your already have a place to live there's already a job not many people get that great opportunity. So go. 

carcar16
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM

i am doing a project on teen moms and children for school and was wondering if i could ask any of you any questions about being a teen mom!

HyrulianHeroine
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM

my advice..LEAVE

he is your fiance, don't you want to start things off wiht him the way it should be? don't  you want to live together? I mean all in all it's up to you and i was the same way i love my mother to death and i was used to being on her hip lol but once the opportunity came for me to be with my husband again i hightailed all my friends family and left to start my life with my man, you can always visit :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)