Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy After A Miscarriage?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 3 Replies

Have any of you gotten pregnant after a miscarriage? Did you stop doing or start doing something you didn't do the first time? Did everything go smoothly? Did your doctor check up on you a lot? What's your story?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mom2astar
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I had a miscarriage and found out I was pregnant 2 months later
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by Jo on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM

The smartest thing to do is wait at least 6 months and be checked by your dr as to why you miscarried, then go from there. Don't change anything, unless you were doing something that is clearly dangerous, because changing your normal routine can be harmful, if you suddenly change how you are eating, stop smoking cold turkey, stop exercising, etc. If you are worried about any habits, or thinking of starting anything new, check with your dr. Don't start taking random vitamins, eating something new or different, etc, because again, that can actually be very harmful. Take prenatal vitamins, but still, check with your dr first. Unless there was a physical reason for your miscarriage, like an incompetent cervix or uterine scarring, your dr probably won't check up on you a lot, just because there is no reason to.  Your chances of everything going smoothly are just as good as any other woman's, again, unless there is a physical reason, and as long as you've allowed your body time to heal and recover. Don't push your body, unless something is physically wrong, a miscarriage occurs for either genetic issues with the fetus, or because your body simply is not ready. 

halls95
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Thaanks! I haven't changed anything except not exercising so much. And I've been taking vitamins for about 2 months. I won't be going to the doctor until the 22nd. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)