Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Did you enjoy your hospital delivery experience?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 159 Replies
4 moms liked this
Today I will be taking a tour of my hospital, I love in ohio and it is pretty new. Downfall is I love in middletown and the hospital is in Cincinnati which is about an hour away!! (The nearest hospital to me is 15 minutes away) though the hospital my doctor chose is pretty nice. I'm excited to see what goes on and how they do things and get some freakin questions answered. Did you enjoy your hospital experience giving birth?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:34 AM

No, I did not, but it had nothing to do with the hospital or the labor itself, though I had a precipitous delivery. My doctor was absolutely amazing, as were the nurses I had when I delivered. Good luck.

sjenkins8208
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I didn't really love the hospital, but I loved my OB. If I COULD, I would do it at home so I didn't have to stay at the hospital for two days lol. There are other hospitals I like that have better rooms and are more suitable for visitors, but my OB isn't there and they are both over 40 miles away.

bear.katten
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I loved it and cant wait to do it again! I had a midwife that stayed with me the entire time massaging my back and doing whatever I needed even though she was pregnant. All of the nurses were extremely nice even when I was screaming in agony. The room was great and the food was great. No one pushed their opinions on me and informed me thoroughly! My hospital was also almost an hour away.
Elle.tea.22
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no. Everything was fine till he cut me. Hope he enjoys his lawsuit since he signed that he wouldn't, that he would let me tear no matter how bad it was. 3 other obgyn wrote statements that according to what they saw in that last sonogram, the baby's head, measurements and the baby being a month early they wouldn't have done so. 

I had to fight his nurse on pitocin but they didn't give me any, fine. I dilated all by myself till 10 no pain, he broke my water and the baby was out maybe 2-3 hours later. The only thing was that damn episiotomy. 

Jennyanne322
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I liked my hospital birth. DS was over 10lbs and had a very large head. I liked the security of having the ability to be sectioned if need be. My doctor is wonderful and didnt push a section once.
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a great hospital experience both times but I was lucky. I am having a home birth this time.
MamaScho88
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I had a wonderful experience with my first and my third...my second not so much...the OB who was on call when I delivered was the one I was hoping not to get (she ended up being great for delivery, just didnt have a good bedside manner, she was in and out in a flash) and the nurses working during my stay were really crappy...so I left the day after he was born...I'm hoping this time I will have as good an experience as I had last time :)

mickstinator
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I had very nice hospital births. I would not do it again at one hospital, but that is because it's so new and understaffed that I felt a little ignored. The other hospital was great.
bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I didn't get to take a tour of either hospital I had my first two boys in, the first one was in Pontiac Michigan and the second was in Erie Pennsylvania where I live now. The hospital is about an hour away from us too and the nearest one is less than a mile, but I don't trust that hospital, they have A LOT of C-sections. We're going to the same hospital with this baby, he's due in June, so I would say that we were happy. :-)

dragonqueen
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I did not enjoy my hospital experience, hence why i decided to give birth at home with midwives the second time around. If I had to choose again I would go the midwives way again. I had a birth plan in order and everything. The doctor literally threw it in the garbage after I gave it to her. The nurse almost wound up delivering my baby when I was pushing. When the doctor did come in to deliver my baby not only did she yell at me she wound up breaking all of the rules I had in my birth plan except giving me a c-section. I was traumatized. Also all of the nurses jumped on my stomach to make the baby come out. NOT FUN! I am not going back there.

family in the van

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)