Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

any stay at home young moms?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 22 Replies

if so what do you do all day with your LO or LO'S? schedule? mommy and me classes? like is anyone enrolled in online college program how does it all work or doent work? i am looking for employment and i am currently a stay at home mom might be permanenet i am not sure need some info on being a SAHM..advice anything big smile mini

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BroCosMom
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a 27 year old sahm to 3 wonderfully amazing kids :-) my oldest is in school, gymnastics, Girl Scouts and our church's kids bible study...my second is 3 and also in our church's kids bible study, kinder musik, gymnastics and play dates...my youngest is 7 months and we just do play dates and kinder musik...when we aren't at an event of some sort, we are doing crafts, playing games, going for walks or even the y to play :-) I love being a sahm and wouldn't trade it for anything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

No! I work full time. I don't think I could ever be a stay at home mom, I love working and being busy. I've always either been in school, worked, or done both. 

Annettey19
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I am for now. I haven't done any mommy and me classes yet. He keeps pretty happy playing by himself most of the time. Sometimes I really wonder what I can do with him that he'll actually enjoy. It'd be fun to do things together, but he doesn't seem at that age yet.

He loves when I set a bowl of water outside on the porch and let him stir it and throw things in it. He ends up soaked but it's fun for him. :)

kittyx4
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a young stay at home mom of 3 awesome kids, all of them are under school age, so we do homeschooling type things, lots of arts and crafts, errands, cleaning, hanging out, play groups, when the weather is warm we spend a lot of time outside. We just bought a house and will be moving in  in a few months when it's finished being built and currently the kids are working on decorations for their rooms. I did go to college when my older two were younger, but I felt like I missed to much so I stopped going, I do have a technical certificate in culinar arts and carpentry though. I will go back once the older ones go to school full time.. so in 3 years, but right now life is just way to busy!

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I dont know how to stay home lol.  I have always been doing something..even if its just school online and a couple classes seated..when my girls were babies I did college courses (with my oldest I worked like 3 differnet jobs after I had her along with college courses)..when I had my 2nd I was doing college courses online..and I guess I "stayed home" some then but when my kids were 3 and 4 I got a night job so I could work while my husband was home, at a resturant..and now I sub at the elementary school...but my kids are also 5 and 6 now..so one is in a prek program and the other is in kinder

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I'm in college online

florphernandez
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM

im 21 and i like being home wt my girls even tho i mis working...my oldest is 2 and my youngest is 10 months...i take them to playdates and the park daily to get them out the house church ativities and they love i :)

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I'm 23 and have been a SAHM since 17 when my first was born. My kids are 5.5, 4, and 19 months.

An average day starts at 7am. M-Th my 4 year old has morning preschool 8:30-11:30am. We eat breakfast at 9. Playtime, movies, and mommy chores(laundry, dishes, etc.) My oldest goes to preschool from 12-3pm. On non-school days we have lunch at noon. My 4 year old naps at 1pm (usually until 3) and I get a mommy "break". (Haha yeah right.) The older two usually go play together. At 5 I start dinner unless I put something in the crockpot in the morning. We eat at 6 and the older two are on bed between 7-7:30.

I also am breastfeeding my youngest every 2-4 hours day and night between meals. Then we have monthly appointments with my oldest sons dietician and every 2-3 months an appointment with his Nephrologist.

Pretty darn boring and unbearably repetitive sometimes. I love my boys... Most the time;-D Really lol...

Quoting MommieRayy2:

if so what do you do all day with your LO or LO'S? schedule? mommy and me classes? like is anyone enrolled in online college program how does it all work or doent work? i am looking for employment and i am currently a stay at home mom might be permanenet i am not sure need some info on being a SAHM..advice anything big smile mini

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

They play most of the day.

I work a bit so I can't be with them 100%.  We're still together but they do their own thing and I do mine.

Kazmira222
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Well, I stay home during the week and work on the weekends pt. I did online college last quarter but it was just too much for me while tending to baby. So I'm going back in the fall.

During the day I usually will clean or watch tv when he's sleeping, or I may take a small nap before he wakes. Lol when he's up, well we can only do so much and that's usually looking at toys, feeding or whining lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)