Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Young, but not immature?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 22 Replies
I've only seen a handful of posts from younger moms on here that seem to have a grasp of the "real world". I'm 21, and 41 weeks pregnant and today was finally my last day at work. Why? Because my boyfriend and I pay bills, and baby Carter needs somewhere to live! We don't depend on our parents for anything, but they consistently offer.

I just want to see if there are other young mommies who feel the way I do. I get sick of seeing girls whine on here that their boyfriends treat them badly or their parents aren't being fair. Grow up, and be an example for your baby!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadditalbrat
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
i agree. I'm 22 with 3 munchkins and me and DF work our butts off to provide for them. Having been a teenage mom I understand how hard it is, but at the same time it's just as hard for older mothers as well. I just want to smack some people and tell them to gtfu.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I am 25, with 4 kids, married, and I work full time, but I had my son at 13. Some of these girls on here just leave me speechless. They have no idea what being a mother really is, they still have on their rose colored glasses, they are immature and childish, and I pity their children. There are a few who are mature, and even a few who are 16 or 17 and mature. But most aren't. Especially those who complain about living with their parents or brothers and sisters. If you don't want to raise a kid around them, perhaps you should have thought about that before you had sex or decided to raise a child. Grow up and be grateful that your parents are supporting you and your baby.

JoquinsMommie
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I'm 18 and yeah I feel the same way I don't like to depend on no one for nothing, I like doing things by myself and for myself just as simple as that. I'm going to continue to bust my ass for my family !

Loveavision
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
YES.

Quoting jojo_star:

I know exactly what you mean. I am 25, with 4 kids, married, and I work full time, but I had my son at 13. Some of these girls on here just leave me speechless. They have no idea what being a mother really is, they still have on their rose colored glasses, they are immature and childish, and I pity their children. There are a few who are mature, and even a few who are 16 or 17 and mature. But most aren't. Especially those who complain about living with their parents or brothers and sisters. If you don't want to raise a kid around them, perhaps you should have thought about that before you had sex or decided to raise a child. Grow up and be grateful that your parents are supporting you and your baby.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Amen! I started out young but I knew things had to change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I agree. I worked until 37 weeks when I was put on bed rest. I'm attending college full time now. I never complain about what I don't have, because I'm grateful for the things I do have. I find the "rose colored glasses" comment funny because my frames are rose colored. :p

Quoting Loveavision:

YES.

Quoting jojo_star:

jojo_star
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

LOL :) But you know what I mean. 

Quoting emilyelephant:

I agree. I worked until 37 weeks when I was put on bed rest. I'm attending college full time now. I never complain about what I don't have, because I'm grateful for the things I do have. I find the "rose colored glasses" comment funny because my frames are rose colored. :p

Quoting Loveavision:

YES.

Quoting jojo_star:

Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Well im 17 ive been a LOT of stupid mistakes. I dropped out of school at 16 b/c i thought i was an adult, boy was i wrong! But im going to get my G.E.D. and get a job and go to college. I hate living with my mom and depending on my mom and my dds father for everything. It makes me feel like a pos but im trying my hardest to better mine and my dds life. I just wish some moms would stop bitching and better thier lifes. Its not easy but its f*cking worth it for their kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladyee
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it pisses me off I'm 20 and this will be my second come August and I hold it all down on my own no section 8 no welfare nothing but medical. I feel as though my kids will be out on their butt if I waited for help with anything but what upsets me mostly is the lack of critical thinking and common sense I see in a lot of moms not just the Young.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Hopefully they will learn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)