Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Is he fair?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
My little girls father, my boyfriend, is always out and about. He goes to college on Tuesday and Thursdays, works on Wed, Fri, and Sat for a few hours. Here lately he is always wanting to do something when he wants and never seems to want to be home with me and kaylee. All he wants to do is play golf, video games, computer, basketball... I am a sahm for now and do everything even when he's not working...

Is this normal? It's really starting to get old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Discuss this with him. Let him know how you feel.
eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Sounds like he has some growing up to do.

lilmamabowers
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Thanks ladies. I just feel like I'm already doing it alone.. I talk to him about it and he always says he's not stopping me but yet he never asks to watch kaylee or anything
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

hes not going to ask to watch her..its just not in a guys nature (or atleast not in any guy I have ever met..but maybe I have meet all the wrong ones? LOL)  you have to ask him to watch her if you want to go somewhere without a kiddo.  If his reply is im not stopping you though I think I would be questioning how much he really wants out of this relationship

MaryCimino
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

He needs to spend SOME time with the baby! You need a break as well. He can watch her while he plays videogames. I did, I now have my daughter hooked on Mario. (I held her while I played)

lilmamabowers
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I've asked him to watch her while I go and spend an hour or so with my girl friends, he always says the grandparents can watch her. I'm the type of mom that doesn't want to feel like I'm putting her aside for my own happiness. I want to be with her all the time. I don't think it's really fair as her father never watches her.
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I've heard this often and I think men confuse SAHM with nanny sometimes.  They forget that we need breaks too. We don't get a day off let alone getting to pee by ourselves. But in their head they think that you agreed to be a SAHM, so the kids and house are your responsibility.  You do need to have a chat with him. Let him know you understand he's in school and working, but need some mom time too.  Even if it's to grocery shop alone.  But find something once a week that is just for you and then ask him to watch her for that.  But try to go into the conversation without point fingers right away. Just say I'm tired, and I'd love a day off once a week.  And find a good compromise for the both of you.  It's all about communication. :)  Good luck!

charlless
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Yeah  would really just talk to him and let him know how your feeling. Communication is the best key!

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Guys are kind of dumb. Tell him EXACTLY what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmamabowers
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Thanks everyone. He has chose to start helping out. Hopefully he stays commited to that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)