Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

im an 18 year old single mom to a two year old disabled son. ask me anything.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 25 Replies
My son john was born on february 26 2011 with no vocal cords. it was scary but its getting easier. im also a full time college student ask away :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryCimino
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM

How often do you get dirty looks for having a child, let alone a disabled child, so young?

imultracool
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Will you be teaching him sign language? So he makes no sounds at all? Poor lil guy!
lilred13494
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM
All the time. it used to be painful but now i smile at them and turn the other way.

Quoting MaryCimino:

How often do you get dirty looks for having a child, let alone a disabled child, so young?

lilred13494
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
He already knows some sign language and i had to take classes as well bc i didnt know it at all.

Quoting imultracool:

Will you be teaching him sign language? So he makes no sounds at all? Poor lil guy!

Cooperfamily
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Welcome:-)
lilred13494
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM
And no no sounds at all no crying no nothing. ome thing that sucks is i will never here mommy i love you from him. its heartbreaking.

Quoting lilred13494:

He already knows some sign language and i had to take classes as well bc i didnt know it at all.

Quoting imultracool:

MaryCimino
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I had to learn sign language early, my cousin is deaf. Do anyone else in the family know sign language too?

Quoting lilred13494:

And no no sounds at all no crying no nothing. ome thing that sucks is i will never here mommy i love you from him. its heartbreaking.

Quoting lilred13494:

Quoting imultracool:

lilred13494
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
No one else does and for some reason they have no desire to learn.

Quoting MaryCimino:

I had to learn sign language early, my cousin is deaf. Do anyone else in the family know sign language too?

Quoting lilred13494:

Quoting lilred13494:

Quoting imultracool:

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Does it cause him any other (than the obvious not being able to speak/cry/etc) issues?
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Does he get disability?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)