Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Having sex while pregnant!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

Question for you ladies. I haven't had sex since last November. I'm not with my ex nor do I speak to him but I have been talking to a guy & we are taking things very slow. We have known each other since we were kids so he's been there for me through all of this. Anyways, we both agree if we do decide to have sex or even kiss that it would be after the baby is born because for me it just feels weird having sex with someone else, especially when it's not his baby. But I was curious to know because I have been hearing that if you do have sex while being pregnant it hurts? I'm 23 weeks pregnant & when I went to the doctors they did  a vaginal check & whatever they put in me hurt so bad. Would it be the same with sex now that I'm pregnant?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janell55
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I'm 21 weeks and sex doesn't hurt for me and tmi but I have a slightly smaller vagina than most women do and it still doesn't hurt well not every time every once in a while it will but it did that before I got pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ginabeana92
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:24 AM

It shouldn't hurt but prenancy effects every one differently. Also your doctor might have touched your cervix which had always hurt me when that happened. When you get really big it's just uncomfortable because your belly gets in the way of everyhing!

cemcnair
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
It doesn't usually bother me until the very end of pregnancy when nothing is comfortable.

Also, why is your doctor checking you so early?
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM

It doesn't hurt me at all. In fact it's better pregnant (after the 1st trimester anyway lol).  
but each pregnancy and woman is different.  And I agree with PP what vaginal check was it? Just a pap?  That always is uncomfortable. Definitely don't compare that with what sex will be.   

mamer12812
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM

i think it depends what position you do

jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

You can have sex your entire pregnancy, unless your dr says no because of a complication. Sex should not hurt while you are pregnant, as long as you do enough foreplay, he takes his time, etc. 

MelissaPalmer
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM

It doesn't hurt, and if it does then just do a different position.. Sex is better when you're pregnant, and hit that part of pregnancy when that's almost all you canthink about.! It's normal, lol.. The easiest pregnancy position is like you guys are spooning, and he does it from behind(not anal).. BUT that won't work if he's really short.. Sorry for the TMI, just letting you know.. Goodluck.! :)

HyrulianHeroine
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM

bullshit, sorry lol

whoever told you that is obviously trying to scare you! This is my second pregnancy and i have had sex throughout the whole trimesters almost every damn day with both kids and NEVER had a problem it does not hurt at all. 

you may feel discomfort depending on how far along you are because baby gets bigger and starts to move into different positions, the bigger baby gets the more he moves while your trying to get in some private mommy time lol all you have to do in that case is switch up your positions :)

doctors and their instruments are a whole nother story especially since your not able to be in a comfy position while their doing it, their probably afraid you'd enjoy it too much lol lying on your back wont be much fun, but being on top or sideways scissors, doggy, edge of bed, etc. is heaven :P

prettymommylove
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:32 AM

uhm sorry, whoever told you this is dead wrong. pregnant sex is probably the best sex you'll ever have. all doctor's checks are suppose to hurt (personal opinion lol)

RosieDAS
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Every women is different, but while I was pregnant I loved having sex as much as possible until the end of 8 then it became uncomfortable. On another note I can see your point of view on waiting to have sex with your new partner , but if you do decide to have sex with make sure to be safe and not worry about other outside of your relationship as long as your happy and you trust each other it'll work out great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN