Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

concerned diabetes and pregnancy

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
  • 5 Replies
im a poorly controlled juve diabetic. my a1c is usually around 13 very dangerous last check was 8.1. my concern is that im tiny pre pregs i was 105 im currently 117 and my bump is big for 11 weeks. i went to a nutrition class for gestational diabetes and an uncontrolled lady had a 16 pounder. i am terrified. i always dreamed of natural birth no drugs blah blah but because of my condition i could carry only 36-37 weeks which would mean c-section. i hear it hurts worst than vag birth . i want a healthy baby so bad hopefully a boy but what is your opinion? should i worry about baby bump or is it normal for 11 weeks? my appointments are april 17&18 assessment and first trimester screening whatever that is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
queenteej
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM

upside down sorry idk how to switch
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I wouldn't use the size of your belly to determine issues.  

Just keep a good watch on your food and such. Talk with your doctor and a nutritionist about a good diet plan for you during pregnancy.  Those numbers are awfully low.  So I would for sure come up with a plan with your caregivers on food and just keeping a watchful eye on your numbers. If you get nervous for sure call your doctor.  Good luck!!

cemcnair
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Just manage your diabetes with diet and you should be fine.
A friend of mine just had a full term, healthy 6.5lb baby girl. She had GD, but watched what she ate, and had no problems :)
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Your bump doesn't mean anything, unless your dr says your fundus is too big, most of your bump is probably still bloat. Diabetics usually do have c-sections, because of the big babies. Just keep an eye on your sugars at home, use your insulin, eat healthy, and you should be able to have a vag delivery. It is true that sections take longer to recover from and have a higher level of pain associated with them. 

greentealover18
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I had gestational diabetes & I kept to my diet to make sure ds didn't grow too much. towards the end my OB was concerned because he was a little bigger than he should have been but at 38weeks & 5days i went into natural labor and vaginally delivered my 6lb 13oz healthy baby boy :)
whatever happens is meant to be, but in the mean time just do your best to be as healthy as possible for your little one!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)