Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Arizona! :)

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hi everyone! My name is Arizona but people call me Ari. I'm 16yrs old and 8wks 4days pregnant. My due date is November 15th. I'm very scared. And could use any advice. The night I got pregnant my boyfriend took advantage of me and pushed me too far. I wasn't ready to have sex because I didn't know if I was ready to be a parent. I'm living with a friend of my moms because my mom kicked me out. The babys father wants nothing to do with me or the baby. So I'm exploring the option of adoption. Abortion is NOT an option for me. Thanks for listening! **Ari**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5PointedHuman
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Welcome to our group of shared insanity, Ari! :)

I had my first at 16, my second 2 months before I turned 19, and now I am 21 and we are starting the process to expand our family through adoption. If you want to chit chat about all things pregnancy related, or adoption (since I am on the other end lol), feel free to PM me ^.^ 

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

welcome to the group and I wish you the BEST of luck with your decision!

spitfire.mommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Thanks! :)

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Welcome to our group of shared insanity, Ari! :)

I had my first at 16, my second 2 months before I turned 19, and now I am 21 and we are starting the process to expand our family through adoption. If you want to chit chat about all things pregnancy related, or adoption (since I am on the other end lol), feel free to PM me ^.^ 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spitfire.mommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Thanks! :)

Quoting sunshine86912:

welcome to the group and I wish you the BEST of luck with your decision!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Wow, cool name :) Hi Arizona. I'm Jo. If you said no and he didn't listen, that's rape. I'm sorry your mother kicked you out, I can understand her reasoning, not wanting to raise a grandchild, but that doesn't help you out much. If abortion isn't an option for you, then it isn't. I have aborted, so if you do ever consider it, or just have some questions, feel free to ask. I can't tell you much about adoption, besides be sure it is what you want. Just like abortion, women regret and grieve their choice to give their baby up. I'm adopted, but that's the extent of my experience. Have you spoken with a counselor about adoption? Have you looked into your options of keeping the baby? Besides that, all I can say is stay in school, get an education, and make sure that whatever choice you make, it is truly what YOU want. 

Oh, and Hi :) I'm Jo, I'm 25, married, and a mom of 4. I had my son at 13. 

spitfire.mommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I have my first meeting with an adoption counselor tommorow afternoon. I am planning to stay in school. I'm even working twice as hard so I can maybe graduate early. I'm supposed to be a sophmore. But according to my number of credits I'm a junior. My school counselor is helping me alot too. She helped me set up my appt for tommorrow. I'm going to weigh all my options before I make a final decision. The person I'm staying with told me she would let me rent her basement room if I choose to keep the baby. She also said she would help me in anyway possible. But it's my baby. She already did the "baby thing" 3 times lol. She isn't doing it again. I'm also looking into my options for keeping the baby as well. :) I just want to be educated so I can make the right choice.

Quoting jojo_star:

Wow, cool name :) Hi Arizona. I'm Jo. If you said no and he didn't listen, that's rape. I'm sorry your mother kicked you out, I can understand her reasoning, not wanting to raise a grandchild, but that doesn't help you out much. If abortion isn't an option for you, then it isn't. I have aborted, so if you do ever consider it, or just have some questions, feel free to ask. I can't tell you much about adoption, besides be sure it is what you want. Just like abortion, women regret and grieve their choice to give their baby up. I'm adopted, but that's the extent of my experience. Have you spoken with a counselor about adoption? Have you looked into your options of keeping the baby? Besides that, all I can say is stay in school, get an education, and make sure that whatever choice you make, it is truly what YOU want. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Good, talking about and thinking about all your options is a good idea. You're very early still in your pregnancy, you have time to think about everything and come to a decision. I'm glad you have your school counselor helping you out. I'm glad you have someone to stay with. Have you had a chance to talk to your mother, maybe move back in with her, after she got over the initial shock? If you do want to keep your baby, you can do it, girls do it all the time. Some people may push you towards adoption, because it'll be best for the baby, etc, etc, but if you spend the rest of your life regretting your choice and dealing with guilt and grief, it isn't the right choice. Like I said, I had my son at 13, a lot of people I should abort or adopt, but I kept him, because I knew that was the only choice I could live with. Just be sure whatever you decide is truly what you want :) Hugs and good luck!

Quoting spitfire.mommy:

I have my first meeting with an adoption counselor tommorow afternoon. I am planning to stay in school. I'm even working twice as hard so I can maybe graduate early. I'm supposed to be a sophmore. But according to my number of credits I'm a junior. My school counselor is helping me alot too. She helped me set up my appt for tommorrow. I'm going to weigh all my options before I make a final decision. The person I'm staying with told me she would let me rent her basement room if I choose to keep the baby. She also said she would help me in anyway possible. But it's my baby. She already did the "baby thing" 3 times lol. She isn't doing it again. I'm also looking into my options for keeping the baby as well. :) I just want to be educated so I can make the right choice.

Quoting jojo_star:

spitfire.mommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I do have alot of time yet to make a decision. My mom wont talk to me at all. I think she is more mad at the sitiuation than at me. She was a teen mom too. She turned 17 4days after I was born. But who knows maybe she really is mad at me. The lady I'm staying with was actually in the room when I was born lol. It was her and my dad. Yeah alot of people are already saying things like "Just give the baby up" "Having a baby now will ruin your life." But I want to be educated before anything is final.

Quoting jojo_star:

Good, talking about and thinking about all your options is a good idea. You're very early still in your pregnancy, you have time to think about everything and come to a decision. I'm glad you have your school counselor helping you out. I'm glad you have someone to stay with. Have you had a chance to talk to your mother, maybe move back in with her, after she got over the initial shock? If you do want to keep your baby, you can do it, girls do it all the time. Some people may push you towards adoption, because it'll be best for the baby, etc, etc, but if you spend the rest of your life regretting your choice and dealing with guilt and grief, it isn't the right choice. Like I said, I had my son at 13, a lot of people I should abort or adopt, but I kept him, because I knew that was the only choice I could live with. Just be sure whatever you decide is truly what you want :) Hugs and good luck!

Quoting spitfire.mommy:

Quoting jojo_star:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I'm sure she is mad at both you and the situation, especially since she was a teen mom, she knows how hard it's going to be. I would give her some time to calm down, then try and talk to her. Having a baby isn't going to necessarily 'ruin' your life, but it won't help. You can make a good life for both of you, but it's going to take a lot of hard work, lots of time, and help. You can't do it on your own, it's just not possible, but you can do it. You'll get a lot of opinions, to abort, to adopt, etc, but in the end, it has to be your choice, because you have to live with your choice. Educate yourself on all three of your options, just so you are fully educated on everything, and go to more than one location or counselor, as in, not just Planned Parenthood (though I very strongly recommend going to PP, they were amazing for me, and I've had nothing but good experiences with them), and be very careful with pregnancy resource centers, or anything that is just pro-life, they often (not always, but often) have financial ties to adoption agencies and therefor push adoption, not keeping the baby. 

Quoting spitfire.mommy:

I do have alot of time yet to make a decision. My mom wont talk to me at all. I think she is more mad at the sitiuation than at me. She was a teen mom too. She turned 17 4days after I was born. But who knows maybe she really is mad at me. The lady I'm staying with was actually in the room when I was born lol. It was her and my dad. Yeah alot of people are already saying things like "Just give the baby up" "Having a baby now will ruin your life." But I want to be educated before anything is final.

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting spitfire.mommy:

Quoting jojo_star:

Hopefulforbaby
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:02 AM

What did you decide to do? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)