Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 signs you're married to a bully

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

I found this to be an interesting article and sadly my dh scored a yes to most of these(though I didnt' tell him this).

http://www.yourtango.com/experts/carin-goldstein/6-signs-youre-married-bully

Thought I'd share in case there is anyone else in this situation.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

No to all :)

cemcnair
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Sorry Emily :(

My dh does not do any of this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Well, thats good.

eds6619
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I shouldn't be whiny.  It could be alot worse and many, many women have it worse than I do.  Work is rough...and scarce for him right now and since he's the primary breadwinner, it tends to make him a total bear. :) 

emilyelephant
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM

No to all as well (not married though). However, I often talk to him like a child...I don't know how else to communicate some things to him. I usually have to say things like "Think about how you would feel if..." when I'm trying to explain how he has hurt my feelings. He doesn't seem to be able to actually "get it" when I just say "When you __, it makes me feel __." He understands when I explain it to him through his perspective.

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

mine does do a couple on those list..but I Have let him know when I dont like something he does

mvalle7
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I'm in a very similar situation but I'm getting to the point I feel I should be whiney! We don't deserve to be bullied just because they are stressed about there role in the relationship. Being the one at home working for free pretty much doesn't make them more superior and entitled to treat us wrong! Am I right??? Or maybe I'm just fed up of being bullied because I'm being the mom full time and since there's no salary my man feels its not enough to respect me as an equal. We need to stand up to bullys just like we'd probably teach are kids to do!!!

Quoting eds6619:

I shouldn't be whiny.  It could be alot worse and many, many women have it worse than I do.  Work is rough...and scarce for him right now and since he's the primary breadwinner, it tends to make him a total bear. :) 

mvalle7
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I'm in a very similar situation but I'm getting to the point I feel I should be whiney! We don't deserve to be bullied just because they are stressed about there role in the relationship. Being the one at home working for free pretty much doesn't make them more superior and entitled to treat us wrong! Am I right??? Or maybe I'm just fed up of being bullied because I'm being the mom full time and since there's no salary my man feels its not enough to respect me as an equal. We need to stand up to bullys just like we'd probably teach are kids to do!!!

Quoting eds6619:

eds6619
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I agree and am afraid if it doesn't quit, my girls will marry bullies.

Quoting mvalle7:

Quoting eds6619:

mvalle7
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Ya that's one of the many things I'm afraid of cus of it. Is he aware of what he does??

Quoting eds6619:

I agree and am afraid if it doesn't quit, my girls will marry bullies.

Quoting mvalle7:

Quoting eds6619:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)