Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me your experiences with

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

Abortion and adoption. 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I have  experience with both. I am adopted, I love my adoptive parents, and know nothing about my biological parents, and I don't plan on looking for them, not that I could even if I wanted to. I had an abortion when I was 16, and I had a sister in law who wanted to adopt it, and asked, begged, and threatened, so that was a negative experience. I've never regretted aborting as opposed to adopting it out, its been almost 10 years, and it was the best choice for me, I'm relieved and grateful to this day that I made the choice I did. 

cemcnair
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
My mom was adopted. My grandparents were wonderful! So glad they found her :)

No personal experience with abortion, but I believe women should be able to choose what is right for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HyrulianHeroine
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM

i had an abortion once and i regret it til this day. i don't mourn about it i just learned from it. it wasn't i didn't want the baby or wasn't ready or anything like that, i just let the pressure of a bitchy mother in law get to me. 

i prayed that i would never do that again and i kept telling DH i think it would have been a boy. I ended up pregnant anyway a week later and its a boy, i feel its my redemption in a way. but i am all kinds of against abortion, my mind was week then.

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I dont have any with either

eds6619
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM

No experience personally with abortion.

I would DEARLY love to adopt someday.

supergirl82
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM

BUMP!

MommaPeyton622
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I gave my son up for adoption almost four years ago. His adoptive parents tried for years to have a child, and they just couldnt. I dont regret my decision. I feel like I did the best thing for both Evan and I. There was no way at 15, I could have given him all he needed. I am active in his life, and so thankful that I get to watch him grow up into the man I know hell one day be.
His biological father is also adopted. His birth father isnt in the picture, but his birthmom is. And to this day he thanks her for being so selfless and giving him a better life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SophieBeth17
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:38 PM

My parents adopted 2 kids from China recently. All of us biological kids are out of the house and they decided they weren't done raising kids. I think its great what they are doing(: Adoption is a wonderful thing.

I am 100% against abortion. It is murder and it is wrong. End of story.

cacajoni2
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I don't have any experience with abortion. 

I would sincerely love to adopt one day :) Two of my nieces were adopted and I think it's a beautiful thing to do. 

emilyelephant
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I have had 3 friends get abortions. One was 15, one was 19, and another has had 2 abortions and one medical termination from ages 17-20. I lost one of these friends because I decided to keep my baby instead of abort, she was resentful. My cousins are adopted and have a pretty good relationship with their birth mother. I don't really have personal experience with either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)