Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Child Support...?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
Okay so Austin is only paying 200 a month in Child Support. And considering both of our girls are 15 month and 3 months. I think he should pay at least $600. He makes $2100 a month. So I dont feel like Im asking for a lot.
How old are your kids and how much does the dad pay? Also, how often does he take them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I don't get child support, DH and I take care of our kids on our own, and have full custody of all 4, so no one else is involved. DH and I both had a child before we married, my son's father doesn't know about him, so has never played a part, and DH's son's bm hasn't been in the picture since he was 4. Go to court, they decide, not you, how much the father should pay or how often he gets to see them. 

melaniejaye
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM
My sons 2 and I'm receiving 67 weekly which adds up to 240 a month.
Ollysmama08
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM

When Shawn and I were broken up we decided things on our own. He would buy What Olivia needed for the month and an additional $200. You can sit down with him and talk about it or go to court to get more.I think you should deff be getting more considering you have two kids and $200 doesn't cover much. Shawn got Olivia everyother weekend and every Wednesday. but again thats something to talk about depending on schedules!

Alexia proud mommy to Olivia Paige {12.O1.2OO8} and Charlotte Jane {O3.15.2O13}

Nbebemakes4
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM
My dd is 5, her father gets her every other weekend. He makes about $1700 a month and they just upped support to $390 a month.
HopesNDreams
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:32 PM
What do you earn? Run both numbers through your state!s child support calculator and see what a fair amount is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN