Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

teen moms- did you plan to get pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 57 Replies
I'm just wondering how many of us got pregnant on purpose or didn't care if we did or didn't so didn't use protection. I got pregnant the first time at 15, it was on purpose. Everyone else was getting pregnant and I thought that was the normal way to progress a relationship. The second time I was 17 and was just casually taking BC and missing days. My friend purposely got pregnant at 17. By senior year over half of the minority girls at my school were pregnant or had kids. I'm mexican American my self and most of my friends had kids before 20. This can't just be lack of education, I know in my case it wasn't. What about you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ollysmama08
by Alexia on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM

i did not plan on getting pregnant either times AT ALL. i was 13 with DD1 and 17 with DD2. it deff wasn't lack of education, i had sex for the first time bc i was scared to lose my boyfriend. Which now sounds stupid. 

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
15, planned with husband.
melaniejaye
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM

i got pregnant at 19...... i did not get pregnant on purpose but i wouldnt change my son for the world... id change his sperm doner just not my baby. and no , my case wasnt a lack of education his father and i were together for awhile, he stold my BC.. couldnt find it anywhere then..... well i wont give details i just ended up pregnant 

jojo_star
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

No!! I didn't want to have a baby, I was 13 when I had my son, 12 when I got pregnant, I didn't even really know what sex or pregnancy was. I got pregnant at 16 because I was stupid and didn't use protection, I had an abortion. I'm white. I think it's lack of education along with lack of parents teaching kids to have goals, to want more than to be a teen mom. 

5PointedHuman
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually struggled with anovulation for over a year before I got pregnant at 15 and a half. My second child, to whom I gave birth to at 18, was planned. Both have the same father and we are happily married. 

AquariusFemale9
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM

NOT AT ALL! I'd only been dating DH for a month before I got pregnant. 

greenhazel96
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM
No I didnt. I was 16 when I got pregnant with my soon to be hubby. I never thought I could get pregnant because I had had unprotected sex with my partners since 14 and nothing ever happened.
AubreeG16
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I was 14 when I got preggo with Aub and Bryce. Definitely not planned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KAP4198
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Not planned. I think it's ridiculous to hear girls say they did it on purpose at a young age... I just don't understand!!!
LuKeFaMiLy
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM

mine was sorta planned but then unexpected at the same time, when me nd my bf first gt together we really wanted a baby (weird huh, i was only 14)  and then i turned 15 nd he turned 18 so we didnt wna try but i  ended up getting pregnant and then having my son 3 days before i turned 16 and now me and my boyfriend are gna get married next summer  and plan on having anothe4r baby after that....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)