Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Teething help please!!!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
This is gonna sound stupid, but I can't seem to find my kid's thermometer anywhere.

That being said, he DEFINITELY has a fever. I've been controlling it with ibuprofen for pain and fever as prescribed by his doctor in the past. (For cold and fever.)

DS is 10 months and there are no other symptoms to lead me to believe that it's something more than just his teeth. But his temperature will feel CRAZY hot. Not just warm like "oh, poor baby," but like "holy shit!"

I strip him down and put a cool wash cloth on his neck and forehead. Have put him in a lukewarm bath, all of which have helped. But as soon as the meds wear off, he is crazy hot again.

Is the temp alone enough to have him checked out? I know a lot of doctors don't think fevers and teething are related, so that's why I'm overly worried. It seems so high just for teething, and DS has NEVER experienced this with his 3 other teeth.

HELP PLEASE!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cameron12
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:44 AM
i would call them to see what they think is going on. i always call my sons doctors with any little question.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

It could be teething, but he could also have an ear infection which would make sense with a high fever.  Have someone get you another thermometer. And give your doc a call. It'd be worth a look.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)