Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How do you "Fold" your kids laundry?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

Weird question, but how do you fold your babies laundry? I just washed all my sons laundry for when he will be a newborn, and put it away in the dresser. At first I folded them in kind of squares, but then unfolded them all. I decided to fold everything in half and roll them up. That way I can sort of see what is what. How do you do it?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaof3girls24
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:09 PM

My girls aren't babies anymore :( they're 8, almost 7 and almost 6 so I fold their pj's, shorts, and short sleeve shirts. I hang up their pants, jeans and long sleeve shirts. 

~ My World, My Life, My Everything ~ 
~ Hannah, Kayla, and Gracie ~ 

eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Just the best you can.  Its hard to fold baby clothes.

pinkiebabii
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I'll add a pic later. I fold then and instead of laying them in I kinda stand them up, neck and bottom down, so I can see what is what.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Best you can.

I fold them similar to how I fold adult clothes.

Hanab818
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
My 1 year olds shirts sweaters and one sides are all hung and pants in a dresser. And my 2 1/2 yos shirts are folded like they do at the stores as are pants. They are in a storage cubby type thing in his closet. His sweaters are hung.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Wendy on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I hang all tops and sleepers, then fold the bottoms and put them in the dresser. But, my son is now 4 so his clothes are a lot bigger. I did the same when he was a newborn, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeenMommyof1b1g
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I fold the shirt/onesie sleeves behind the shirt, then fold in half "hamburger style" the pants in half long way then bring the bottoms up to the waist. One sock goes inside the other. Sleepers get the sleeves folded behind, then the legs up so their sticking above the top a little then back down. Nice shirts, coveralls, hoodies, sweatshirts & dresses get hung up. & outfits get hung up together.

Firenygirl180
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I hang everything up. i try to keep unnecessary furniture out of my kids rooms.
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I folded everything then and I still do now
Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

This. i dont hang up sweatshirts though, they get fold like her shirts.

Quoting TeenMommyof1b1g:

I fold the shirt/onesie sleeves behind the shirt, then fold in half "hamburger style" the pants in half long way then bring the bottoms up to the waist. One sock goes inside the other. Sleepers get the sleeves folded behind, then the legs up so their sticking above the top a little then back down. Nice shirts, coveralls, hoodies, sweatshirts & dresses get hung up. & outfits get hung up together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)