Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transition to crib help??

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have been trying to get my 2 month old daughter to sleep in hercrib at night. She sleeps in her crib during the day for naps on her belly. At night i out her on her back...she could be completely passed out when i put her to bed at night on her back. Half an hour later shes up screaming and nothing seems to calm her until i pick her up and bring her to my bed. We live in an apartment and the neighbors will bang on the wall if shes crying for any more than 10 minutes. Have tried putting a towel rolled up next to her sides and putting a shirt with mine and her fathers scent in her crib... Im willing to try anything that anyone suggests. Please help!!

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
elpatino
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Have you tried letting her sleep on her side? With my little one I had her sleep with us until she was 3 1/2 months then put her in her crib.

Do you think maybe the time she goes to bed needs to be adjusted?

eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Oh I wish I could help, but I had an awful time with my youngest. 

avasmommy2813
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM

She rolls onto her side from her back when sleeping in my bed. 

Quoting elpatino:

Have you tried letting her sleep on her side? With my little one I had her sleep with us until she was 3 1/2 months then put her in her crib.

Do you think maybe the time she goes to bed needs to be adjusted?

avasmommy2813
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Got my daughter to sleep all night in her crib. had 2 towels rolled on her side. 2 shirts with my scent and her fathers. 2 teddys on either side of her crib one was a heartbeat bear....and baby music :) Thanks for all the advice

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Looks like I'm late to the party, but glad you found a solution.  Hopefully she'll learn to roll soon so you can put her on her belly!

MzShorty787
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM
If she doesn't like sleeping on her back try letting her sleep on her belly when mine was little like that that was the only way he'd sleep
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Keep trying!

She's still young so she may need the occasional cuddle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)