Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Traveling across the country HELP!?!??!!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

A couple of days after my son turns 11 months I will be traveling from Los Angeles to New York for a little vacation. But I'm really worried with the plane! I don't want his ears to pop and have everyone give me dirty looks or make nasty comments! Also I have no idea what type of stroller to take! I have an Orbit Baby G2, but I don't want the airline to break it, so would I take a lightweight one? Or just risk the Orbit?! Also what are the carseat regulations in New York? How will I travel with him?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:04 AM

why is everyone here so concerned with the comments other people make?  hes a BABY..he might cry..way to help though is to have a bottle of water..or milk or whatever you use..to help pop his ears..something to suck on when the plane takes off/lands

KristenFowles
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Feed him as you're taking off. It'll help with the popping ears.

By feed I mean a bottle. Something to steadily drink.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmandaN1
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I agree with the other two. Take a bottle (or sippy) to have him drink in case his ears pop. It should only be landing/take off. Take snacks and toys/books. 

I would honestly just take an umbrella stroller it'll make travel around the air ports SO much easier.  LA sucks I know that. Never been to NY.  I'm not sure about seat laws, google should help. But being 11 months I'm guessing still RF.  

SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Sounds like you got some good advice here.

Good luck!  Try not to worry about other people.  Sure, they may be bothered but that's their problem.  Babies and children cry sometimes.

eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

No idea.  I've never flown with my kids.

ginabeana92
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I don't know the restraint protocols for babies, but when I was little and my ears popped it hurt so bad. One time I had laid my head on my dad's lap and my ears were fine. If you are able to, you could try that. Can't promise it will work for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)