Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Does it hurt to go to the bathroom after labor?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
  • 30 Replies

Okay weird question..

Does it hurt to go pee after you have the baby? Befor I got pregnant I had alot of yeast infections/Urinary track infections because of the birth control I was on. During the time I was switching birth control I got pregnant. Anyway the one thing I hated about those infections was the burning/stinging sensation while trying to urinate. I HATED IT. I asked my mom if it hurt to go to the bathroom after and she said it didn't for her, so I was wondering... Did it for you? Thanks!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaspersmommy3
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
You might have a little stinging, but not horrible..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this
It might if you tear. I never had an issue peeing or pooping after (but you'll be terrified the first time you have to poop, lol!!)
Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Idk, I had an unscheduled scheduled c section, and since nothing but blood and pee came out my vagina I'm no help.
raeyliNlilysmom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:12 AM
It stings a little but not too bad!
Gabeys_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It did for me a little. But they gave me this squirt bottle. I used to fill it with warm water and use it while I was doing my business and after. Then I would just "blot" not wipe.
jaspersmommy3
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:14 AM
first pregnancy I had once stitch stung a little wasnt painful...now this last time I had what I thought was a uti but turned out I was having spasms due to the cath. everytine I went to tinkle I would draw up, makes u want to hit something..but mostly it doesnt.
elwalters77
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Nothing like a yeast infection or urinary tract infection! Don't worry about it. :)
jaspersmommy3
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I had that, and dermablast and some type of round moist pads to put on top of my pads..i was in heaven!

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:It did for me a little. But they gave me this squirt bottle. I used to fill it with warm water and use it while I was doing my business and after. Then I would just "blot" not wipe.
alex815
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Yes yes yes!! It hurt me, but I had a bad tear.. I also got a spray bottlewas a life savor.I had a lot of stitches. That's just me though everyone is different. I hope its not as bad this time around with my second
:)
Lillysmommy0113
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM

if you tear it will sting a little but not a lot. they should give you a little squit bottle to use. it helped me not feel anything and blot do not wipe it will cause problems with healing. the nurses should tell you everything you need to know if not ask them anything and everything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN