Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby shower on Saturday!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 6 Replies
I will be having my baby shower on Saturday, I'm really excited! Though I've never even been to one so I'm not sure what to expect. I hope it's just a little small, and people I asked not to be there, hopefully don't show up just to piss me off. What was a really unique thing that you or someone else has done at a baby shower? Really curious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had three.  The only one that I would consider different/unique was the one that I did for myself.

We just had some food and friends over.  Some brought gifts for the baby.  It was nice.

I hope you have a nice baby shower!

eds6619
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Why would people you don't want there if they weren't invited?  Sounds a little to me......if they weren't invited they shouldn't know about it unless people have been tacky and talking about going.

meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

The person i don't want to be there is my dads mother, the shower will be at my step moms house and they are "all buddy buddy" and she talks about it. she wasn't invited, she feels like she's entitled to come see me after all the stuff she's done. I made it very clear who I didn't want there but im guessing my step mom doesn't understand that.

Quoting eds6619:

Why would people you don't want there if they weren't invited?  Sounds a little to me......if they weren't invited they shouldn't know about it unless people have been tacky and talking about going.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Instead if having those big white uncomfortable whicker chairs, they put my glider together and that's where I sat. It was so comfy cause it took me about 2 hours to open presents.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I'm sorry.  I hope it all works out the way you're hoping.

Quoting meganliz11:

The person i don't want to be there is my dads mother, the shower will be at my step moms house and they are "all buddy buddy" and she talks about it. she wasn't invited, she feels like she's entitled to come see me after all the stuff she's done. I made it very clear who I didn't want there but im guessing my step mom doesn't understand that.

Quoting eds6619:

meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM

ah thanks I do too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN