Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I have a right to be upset right???

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 15 Replies
Ok so every time I turn around his mom is saying "oh look Steven Matthew (my son) has his daddy's eyes or his uncles feet or his daddy's toes or my crooked finger ect " and never refers him "MY SON" to me HIS MOTHER!!! In her eyes he looks and acts like everyone but me Nd my husband thinks its funny and doesn't care that it bothers me. When I try to talk to him about it he takes it the wrong way And gets aggravated with me, and if I say anything to his mom she gets up set and says things like "that's messed up that he can't look like his daddy or uncle" or things like "I never said he didn't look like you, it's just he favors his daddy and uncle more" . UGH! what should I do?
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Yeaaa I kinda hate it when ppl say that my son looks like his "daddy" but really he looks more like me and my dad. His dad isn't even in the picture so I do my best to reiterate who he really looks like more lol. After all, boys take after the mom anyways. I don't really have much help for you, but good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Get used to it. My husband's family used to do that everytime they saw her (three times. no more contact with them) and my family tries to, but they also point out some things that look like him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
britishmummy
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

She never saw you as a baby really, so she can't comment on it. My parents always say my son looks like me and everyone else says he has everyone elses features. It's a mother thing.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, really? You're upset about who your child's grandma says he looks like? Get over it. It's subjective, don't create problems where there aren't any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

My inlaws are like this too with only my children b/c she hates and not like this with the rest of the grandchildren.

She doesn't get to see my kids much. ;)

You have every right to be angry.

eds6619
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM

supposed to say she hates me.

Quoting eds6619:

My inlaws are like this too with only my children b/c she hates and not like this with the rest of the grandchildren.

She doesn't get to see my kids much. ;)

You have every right to be angry.

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I think maybe you're just over reacting a little this time.  It's always possible a child can favor one of their parents more than the other and I really don't think she means anything hurtful by it. 

Is there some past issues with her you have that maybe makes you more upset?

rubirubi
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I get that with both of my babies too, The ones that hurt me the most are 'shes so pretty just like her daddy' and' shes got such pretty eyes just like her daddy' and' wow he has pretty feet, must have gotten them from his daddy' All this talk about thier fathers and they seem to forget who takes care of them and is actually around to support them emotionally. and i do have pretty eyes atleast. The nerve of some people/

rubirubi
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I just ignore them, I have mentioned it to them before but they dont seem to care to much

brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Well, does he look more like his dad and uncle?  My son looks almost identical to my husband and it would honestly irritate me more if people tried to start saying that he looked like me just to try to keep from hurting my feelings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)