Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

To the moms of toddlers...

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 10 Replies

How do you keep your sanity? Im currently 30 weeks pregnant with a little girl, and im watching my half sister so that my mom & step mom can shop for my baby shower, she just turned 4 & she is so hyper. Ahh, can't tell them to do anything & think they'll listen! I guess they sure do keep you busy. I do school from home, and can't possibly do it when she needs so much attention. Reminds me of why i'll never be a SAHM. I just would not like that at all. Some people enjoy it but I sure wouldn't. Ahh, toddlers are so crazy! 

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCryss20112
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a 18 & 6 month old. Ds1 really does drive me nuts sometimes. He is also very hyper active. Dont get him started on playing he goes crazy lol, but im glad he has fun.

I was a stay at home mom for almost the whole 18 months ds1 has been here. It was okay. Sometimes ill get lonely or bored while SO was at work. But ds1 kept me busy as well as cleaning or playing with him.

I kinda miss it but then again im glad i work. Since SO and i work together at his moms office we bring the boys sometimes so we are still always together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

good luck

Elijahiloveu
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

AFTER A WHILE YOU GET USED TO IT TRY PLAYING QUITE GAMES WITH THEM LIKE HIDING A TOY FOR THEM TO FIND IT WEARS THEM OUT ALSO WITH MY 16 MONTH OLD WE LET HIM PLAY WITH A BALL AND TRY THROWING IT INTO A LAUNDRY BASKET THEY HAVE FUN

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM
When they are your child it is different. My 2 1/2 yo old listens very well. We have activities planned for the days he's home with me while I'm on maternity leave. Doesn't take much to keep them entertained if you let them use their imagination in a safe environment.
But yeah, I'm not sahm material either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a big, fenced back yard. When they drive me nuts I just throw them outside with a butterfly net or some bubbles. They'll entertain themselves.
If that doesntbwork we go to the barn and they can play with the kids there.
Nicki1995
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM
My daughter is only 1, but she's everywhere. Lol I love being a sahm, but I'm going to go through college and start a career when she starts school
meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I haven't even had the baby yet and im already scared for her starting school... -.-

Pam_8787
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I was going to say the same. When it's your child it's different. I have a 4 and half year old and 2 and a half year old and they listen. We play games but we also have quiet reading times. Don't get me wrong they are active but I am their mother so I know what works and what doesn't work. You will be fine

Quoting cemcnair:

When they are your child it is different. My 2 1/2 yo old listens very well. We have activities planned for the days he's home with me while I'm on maternity leave. Doesn't take much to keep them entertained if you let them use their imagination in a safe environment.

But yeah, I'm not sahm material either.
SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM

When it is your child it is different.

My children are 2, 4 and 6

It gets crazy around here sometimes but they're kids, it's what they're suppose to do.  Just find something she enjoys.

Ashtonsmommy21
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM

My son is two and I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  He does wear me out sometimes but he's a good kid and he can tell when I am getting tired.  We do quiet activities like puzzles and books or I'll set up some ramps for him and he'll go to town with his toy cars and trucks.  It is easier when it's your kid because they know when you mean business or when a time out is coming.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)