Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you want to be when you "grew up"?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

What did you want to do with your life before you became a young mom?  Are you doing it now?  If not, are you happy with the way your life is turning out?

I always wanted to be an archeologist, but when I got pregnant young (17) I decided that being a mom was more important to me.  

I'd still love to go on a dig some day, but I really like the way my life has turned out.  :)

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xredstarsx
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I wanted to be a mom so my dream has come true. Sadly career wise I still don't know what I want to do, but I don't get to stay home forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by Jo on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I've wanted to be a labor and delivery nurse since I was 13, when I had my son and the nurses made such a huge impact on my life. I'm 25 now, raising 4 kids, and working full time as a L&D nurse and I love it. I graduated at 19 with my associates, 20 with my BSN. 

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Well really my whole life I went back and forth. Teacher or lawyer. Then I realized mom is kinda the same thing just not the same pay. LOL I married a lawyer though, does that count? haha

Teenmommy1119
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Cosmetologist/salon owner or military police officer. & welp the military is out of the question soo I'm in school for my trade :) or well will be soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manthers017
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

i wanted to be a hairstylist and that is exactly what im doing now and i love it, i got lucky and was accepted into the schools vocational progam in highschool and i am so glad and greatful those programs exist

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM

When do you start?

Quoting Teenmommy1119:

Cosmetologist/salon owner or military police officer. & welp the military is out of the question soo I'm in school for my trade :) or well will be soon

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I always wanted to be a SAHM

I have things I really like doing, but I don't know that I could make a career out of it.

GabriellaKate
by Gabriella on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I've always wanted to be an interior designer, I still do actually. Right now I'm an admin assistant.

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I've always thought that would be a fun job.  I wouldn't mind being a house stager either for houses that are for sale.

Quoting GabriellaKate:

I've always wanted to be an interior designer, I still do actually. Right now I'm an admin assistant.

Princess.Sara
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I wanted to be a mom and veterinarian. Unfortunately the veterinarian thing never happened because I am awful at math, no matter how hard I tried and how many different tutors I had,I just couldn't get it. So half of my dream came true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)