Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I told him not to come to my labor classes.

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have my labor classes this Saturday, and I was planning on having my boyfriend come. He is going to be there for the birth of our son, so I thought he should go. But then I got to thinking... Do I really want him there? I know that sounds horrible but he was already complaining that he would have to sit through 7 hours of the class. So whatever. Do I really want him mooping around during the class, and ruining the expierence for me? No. So I told him that he didn't have to go. My mom said she would love to take me anyway, since she will be in the room as well. Alex seemed kinda relieved, but said he will take me on a date.. Which we haven't done in a long time. So maybe he is trying to work on our relationship? I told him i have been feeling neglected by him lately. 

But I also have been un attaching myself from him, and focusing only on my son and myself. 

I am happy we are going on a date soon, but on the other hand still disapointed he didn't even try to sound sad that I told him not to come. 

Oh well..

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Soccersb110
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:02 AM
My bf was the same way during my preg he didn't seem interested in any of the baby classes I took or my doc apts. he would always say he would go to ultrasound apts but then back out at last min, I got used to it. He was always super excited about the ultrasound pics when I brought em home and watched all the baby DVDs I brought home without me telling him to. I did wish he had been there for my apts cuz at times I felt like I was alone but in the long run I wasn't and he is a great father and we have a good relationship. Hope you guys have a good date and you guys will be great parents. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Make sure you stil have him take an infant/child CPR class. We were able to take four different classes that were two hours each, instead of all in one day. SO was really interested in some parts, but definitely wasn't super excited to be there. I would have considered telling him not to go if we had to take the 8 hour class, I would have been upset if he got whiny and ruined it for me.

KayyCeeJayy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Guys genereally just don't care about things like that. You can never really expect them to be interested, no matter how old they are. Don't be offended, I'm sure you'll enjoy it much better with your mom there.

KB2311
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Wait this class is 7 hours long? and yeah id be a bit hurt too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)