Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

What's goin on with my little guy?!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
So my little one is 6 months and due to a lot of respiratory illness' slept in his carseat the last couple months. We moved him to his crib since he was doing better a few weeks ago and we were pleasantly surprised at how well he adjusted. He would just kinda whine himself to sleep and fuss for 5ish minutes then only get up once for a bottle and go right back to sleep til 7am! Too good to be true huh?... After about 2 weeks of sleeping so well in his crib he completely changed. He screams bloody murder for 10-15 minutes every time we put him in his crib, pushes his way up to the very top of the crib until he finally tires himself out. He wakes up 2-3 times at night now and does not take very long naps at all. Which in turn makes my normally very happy, easy going baby quite cranky. He's lucky he's cute ;-) I'm thinking maybe he's teething orrr just testing Mom and Dad or....? What do you all think? I would appreciate any advice! It just breaks my heart to hear him scream like that. I don't know who crys more, Mom or baby :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cemcnair
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Don't let him cry like that! It's supposed to break your heart so you'll go get him. Crying is his only way if communicating and he's saying something is wrong. Rock him to sleep, pick him up and comfort him when he cries.
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM
This. And i didn't think the cio method consisted of letting your baby scream bloody murder until it goes to sleep. Then again, i never did cio.

Quoting cemcnair:

Don't let him cry like that! It's supposed to break your heart so you'll go get him. Crying is his only way if communicating and he's saying something is wrong. Rock him to sleep, pick him up and comfort him when he cries.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Pick him up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMcCarthy14
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Pick him up and rock him to sleep? Then he never learns how to self soothe and put himself to sleep..
KaroGreenly
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
It's cry it out, not let him scream bloody murder until he's too tied to stay awake. That's not self soothing. I would let my kids fuss, if he's screaming then he needs you. You can't spoil a baby.

If you refuse to pick him up when he screams, then you're just going to have to deal.

ETA: One more thing. Why does he need to put himself to sleep? He's 6 months old. What are your and his dad doing that's so important that you can't take 10 minutes to rock your kid to sleep.

Quoting JMcCarthy14:

Pick him up and rock him to sleep? Then he never learns how to self soothe and put himself to sleep..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)